7-2 Team: Is my roster playoff ready? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

7-2 Team: Is my roster playoff ready? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Lobsterback » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:27 pm

I'm in a ten team standard scoring league with, barring tanking the last few weeks, a guarantee to make playoffs. Are there any weaknesses or specific players in my roster that will hurt me once playoffs arrive? Do you see any of my players as obvious sell-high candidates? My team is in my sig, ill be handcuffing with Hillman soon, do I drop maclin/Floyd/young? Lots of questions to consider I know but I'm just looking to start a discussion. WHIR
Child Brees! (7-2)
Brees
Martin, Ridley, McGahee, Hunter
Wayne, Cobb, D.Moore, Maclin, Lloyd, Floyd, Young
Graham
Giants, Patriots
Suisham
Lobsterback
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 7-2 Team: Is my roster playoff ready? WHIR

Postby bandoogie » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Brees
Graham
Giants, Patriots
Suisham

Damn, I posted a reply to you and it didn't go through. It was long, too. I'll try to summarize. I'd see who plays well this week out of Ridley, McGahee, Maclin, Floyd, D. Moore, and Young, and package them for a top RB like Foster, AP, T-Rich, Rice, McCoy, CJ to pair with Martin. Or a top WR, like either Denver WR, Megatron, Marshall, Julio or Cruz. Possible buy low options in Harvin, Nicks, McFadden, and Murray. Also, see if you can make a separate trade or include an trade, an upgrade on Defense. Patrtiots and Giants aren't all that good. Aim for Bears, Texans, Steelers, Seahawks, 49er's. If you can't, see if Broncos are on the wire.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)

Postby andrich54 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:16 pm

Brees
Graham
Giants, Patriots

Ahhh fantasy teams look so nice in a ten person league. My good man, you have a great team. I'd drop the Patriots defense and try to grab a RB if I was you. Even though Doug Martin produces so many points you don't even need any more players. But if you could trade Ridley and Mcgahee for a top RB. I think you'd be set.
QB: Tom Brady, Eli Manning
RB: Adrian Peterson, Stevan Ridley, Daryl Richardson, Jacquizz Rodgers, Brandon Bolden
WR: Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, Sidney Rice
TE: Tony Gonzalez, Martellus Bennet
K: Blair Walsh
Defense: Broncos
andrich54
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 50)

Postby CatKillah » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:12 pm

Thanks for helping in my thread.

I think the RB position is the position you should worry about when it comes to playoff, especially McGahee. If Denver keeps playing well like right now, they might clinch a playoff spot before week 16 which is the fantasy championship week. If that's the case, they might sit some of their starters in the last couple of games, and 31-year-old McGahee will def be among them. Same thing could happen with Ridley as well.

So I think you should stock up at RB position, either by trading or paying close attention to free agents(there are always RBs coming out of nowhere and performing like RB1 in the fantasy playoff span). I would just drop Young to make room for RB. See if you can pull off a trade by trading 2 of your WRs for a solid RB (it's highly unlikely to happen, but worth a shoot).

Other than that, your team is pretty solid. I wouldn't worry too much about Defense or kicker. There will be plenty of usable defense and kickers that you can get off the waiver wire in playoff.

Good luck!
CatKillah
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Lobsterback » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:34 pm

The patriots have such a nice playoff schedule and their defense generates so many turnovers that I'm strongly considering keeping them. On the other hand the giants have a tough one, GB, WAS, NO and ATL in a four game stretch, so if I do drop a defense it'll be them. And I'd really like to keep 3 starting rbs for the playoffs but bundling Ridley with another player, maybe Moore, for a top back would be a great move. I see Wayne an Cobb as every week starters so I need to deal away my WR depth.
Child Brees! (7-2)
Brees
Graham
Giants, Patriots
Suisham
Lobsterback
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Lobsterback » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:44 pm

Update: dropped young for hillman. Targeting McCoy but that team is out of the race so I'm not expecting much. I might just roll with the same roster for the playoffs despite the risk or Ridley sitting, I think denarius can perform adequately at the flex if needs be.
Child Brees! (7-2)
Brees
Graham
Giants, Patriots
Suisham
Lobsterback
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Roster Ratings