Sit Matthews for Michael Turner? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Sit Matthews for Michael Turner? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sit Matthews for Michael Turner? WHIR

Postby Walbridge20 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:59 pm

So Matthews has been very average at best except for one game and he is in a 3-way timeshare right now. I know he still has a pretty good matchup against the raiders who just gave up 53 to Martin, but Turners matchup is better, he gets a higher percentage of the carries and there isn't a true short yardage vulture like in SD.

So who would you start? I'm flush at RB with AP and Martin at 1-2 but I really need a win and I have no WRs this week. Trying to make a playoff push. What do you think? Leave a link and I will offer up my advice.
12 team 0.5 ppr
QB-M.Stafford
RB-D.Martin, MJD
WR-Julio Jones, W.Welker
Flex-Stevie Johnson
TE-M.Bennett
K-M.Prater
Def-49ers
Bench:RBs: J. Franklin, BJGE, C. Obonnaya
WRs:T.Austin, M.Brown
TE:H.Miller
Def:Green Bay
Walbridge20
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sit Matthews for Michael Turner? WHIR

Postby jt0143a » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:39 pm

If I were you id play turner. Norve turner just doesnt seem to have confidence in matthews as an every down back, plus rivers likes to throw the ball, and there are others stealing carries away from mathews (ronnie brown has looked really solid as of late and might easily turn into their goal line back every week). Matthews stock is on the decline, and id try to trade him while he still has value and people dont realize his true value (like reggie bush). Turner has seen the majority of the carries for atlanta, but jacquizz gets his looks. Turner is a goal-line back at least, but against new orleans, this could become a shootout, taking the run out of the game for both teams. Id still say start turner though, the tie breaker for me being the pathetic new orleans rush defense, turner is bound to break into the secondary at least 2-3 times. hope this helps, please give me some advice on my thread! thanks.
jt0143a
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Who to Start/Bench