Mathews or Reece? Am I crazy?! WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Mathews or Reece? Am I crazy?! WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mathews or Reece? Am I crazy?! WHIR!

Postby Twlong223 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:50 am

Am I crazy to even consider benching Mathews in favor of Reece? I am in a PPR league, and Mathews has been sketchy lately. With the exception of week 5 against new Orleans, he has only averaged about 10 points a game. Not exactly stellar numbers. I can't flex Mathews since I have wayne, AJ green and roddy white so one of them gets the flex spot.

My gut says to gamble on Reece with DMC and Goodson ruled out and Palmer loves to throw. Any advice or opinions? Leave a link and I'll help, thanks guys!
Twlong223
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mathews or Reece? Am I crazy?! WHIR!

Postby Zeppelin » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:49 am

My thinking is 10 points for Reece is approaching a very good game for him, while ten points for Mathews is about his average. Yeah, Mathews has been frustrating, but what if Taiwan Jones ends up taking most of the carries, and Reece just becomes Dexter McCluster or something? In situations like this, I do the one that would make me hate myself less if I'm wrong. If you start Reece and Mathews goes off, you'll hate yourself... Right?

Help with mine?

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=529251
Zeppelin
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 10)

Re: Mathews or Reece? Am I crazy?! WHIR!

Postby Twlong223 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:04 pm

Problem for me is that Mathews has been seeing fewer touches lately. He is never in for 3rd downs, and Ronnie brown and Jackie battle are vulturing a lot of his opportunities. Reece on the other hand sees a lot of playing time and now may even have a chance to run the ball on goal line situations.
Twlong223
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 26)

Return to Who to Start/Bench