Trade WR for RB in a Keeper League? WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade WR for RB in a Keeper League? WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade WR for RB in a Keeper League? WHIR!

Postby GoBgRd » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:14 pm

I want to give you as much info as possible, here are the facts:

Keeper league: We keep three players (only one player for any given position [ie you can not keep two RBs]).

Scoring that counts for this question: 6 pts for any TD, .5 pts per reception, 1 pt for every 10 yrds rushing or recieving, -2 pts for fumble

I have 2 WRs that I would consider keeper WRs: D. Thomas (DEN) and B. Marshall (CHI), my only RB worth considering as a keeper (and this is becoming a stretch) is M. Turner (ATL). I also have D. Moore at WR. I don't consider him a keeper, but he is having a good year, he's the #1 WR on a team that throws, he is doing me no good sitting on my bench and I have not been able to get a decent RB in trade for him. So if I trade D. Thomas or B. Marshall, I feel comfortable starting D. Moore if I can get a RB that has some value.

There are two owners that have multiple RBs that can be considered keepers. I am considering offering one of my WRs for either T. Richardson (CLE) or D. Martin (TB). Both teams are long shots to make the playoffs and neither has a good WR so I believe they will jump at either of my WRs. I am in line for the playoffs and I believe picking up a good RB will help me this year as well as in the future.

In other words its the old "trade them now and get something for them before the trade deadline hits (this week) and they become a free agent at the end of the year" scenario.

My questions:

Which RB would you trade for: T. Richardson (CLE) or D. Martin (TB) and why?
Which WR would you give up: D. Thomans (DEN) or B. Marshall (CHI)?
GoBgRd
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade WR for RB in a Keeper League? WHIR!

Postby taw856 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:17 am

Prefer Martin over Richardson (worst case scenario, he's got the better offense around him to help him out and best case scenario he might even be better than Richardson straight up).

Prefer to give Thomas over Marshall (closer call here since Marshall is older, playing in worse weather with a weaker QB, but still like his track record over Thomas's and also Peyton won't be around in Denver forever either).

That said, I would be surprised if you can get Martin for Thomas and so while I have to defer to others with more experience with keeper leagues (as I've never played one), my gut says Richardson for Marshall might be a worthwhile move anyway if you're improving who you keep as a result -- despite the fact that I'm not even considering making that move in a redraft league. My 2 cents.

Mine: viewtopic.php?t=529436
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
A. Rodgers outscores D. Brees in ESPN standard scoring by 40+.
D. McFadden plays 16 games (but ineffectively for someone whose only problem we always assumed was health).
M. Lynch=not a Top 10 RB.
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 183)

Re: Trade WR for RB in a Keeper League? WHIR!

Postby wtr23 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:18 am

Thanks for helping with mine. I have to agree, Martin>Richardson and Marshall>Thomas. Thomas may be the better choice at the moment, but as mentioned Peyton Manning isn't getting any younger. Cutler still has time in Chicago, if they could get a few decent linemen Marshall stock would be on the rise. Looking at RBs, both players seem to lead their team's offense, but I like the cast and crew in Tampa vs Cleveland.

Martin has a couple big games left in him, facing philly, NO, and StL.Richardson on the other hand faces Dallas and the steelers twice, his better matchups being Oakland, KC, and WAS in weeks 14-16. Schedule wise I like Richardson If you need him during the playoffs. Going forward I still like Martin though, as Tampa can move the ball and keep Martin on the field better than Cleveland does for Richardson.

That being said, with all the big games Martin has had, is it possible to get him for one of your WRs? I'm thinking realistically it would be much easier to pick up Richardson than it would be for Martin. I'd love to say go get Martin, as he seems to be the better player. I just don't see him going for a guy like Thomas or Marshall at this time, not with all those big games he has had lately. Only way I'd see you getting Martin is in a desparation move after an injury. Thats good heading into next year, but if its anything serious enough to trade he wouldn't be helping this year.

Martin is the man, but I'm thinking everyone is catching on by now. Richardson is still managing to hold his own even with a horrible offense around him. I'd say your best bet is to try and get Richardson for Marshall here.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions