Time to Trade Trade Cruz? (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Time to Trade Trade Cruz? (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Time to Trade Trade Cruz? (WHIR)

Postby wtr23 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:03 pm

I've been debating this since last week, and it's starting to get concerning. The entire Giants offense stinks at the moment, I watched the game and it seemed like Nicks is the top target as of now. Meanwhile Cruz saw very little action, and once again dropped a couple balls. According to the Time Warner ad he did, he catches everything....let me be the first to call BS :-D . So many drops, I'd hate to bench him but I don't think there is much room on the bench for him either. Reggie Wayne has consistently put up 15-20 points, so have D. Moore and Amendola when healthy.

Cruz is a big play guy, but the Giants haven't been able to score a passing TD in 3 games. On top of that they have a bye week next week, so he has been about as useful as Greg Jennings in a span of a month. 3 straight single digit performances, no points next week, I'm about done with him. I'm thinking someone would be willing to trade for him, as he is a bigger name than my other receivers. I think I have enough fire power even without Cruz, I'm hesitant but I'm not sure I can take many more poor performances.

At this point in the season I'm most concerned with my RB situation. Murray has been out about a month now, and DMC went down last week as well. I've been rotating in back up guys for a couple weeks, but their point totals aren't great. Redman had a huge game last week, but Dwyer may be splitting time with him Monday night, and if Mendy is back next week its a 3 way timeshare (think about the New Orleans run game....yuck). Ballard did a great job filling in for Donald Brown, but he is back now and Brown is getting more volume in that timeshare. I'm hoping that Murray comes back soon, DMC I wouldn't be surprised if he was out until playoffs. Until then I need at least one reliable back, I don't mind using one fill in for the time being.

Thats where Cruz comes in. I have 3 WRs that are more that capable of covering for Cruz. Moore is Oaklands best WR option as is Amendola in StL. Wayne is aging but shows he still has game. These injuries at RB are costing me games, and I'm looking to get a better option at RB for the time being. I can trade Cruz, but who do you think I could swing in that trade? I've had my eye on a couple guys, but I'd like some input before I try and trade.

A couple guys I have In mind:
Gore
Martin
McGahee
Spiller
Bradshaw
C Johnson

What RB do you think I could get in a trade for Cruz? If you have another in mind feel free to share. I'm confident I can cover for the loss of Cruz, even if he does go off. Do you think I can get more for Cruz? At this rate I'd be dancing If I could swing a top 20 back, are my expectations too low?

**EDIT** Forgot to mention the available talent in the FA pool. Woodhead, F. Jones, Battle, D. Thomas, Ivory, J Rodgers, J Bell. Are any of these options worth a pick up?
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Time to Trade Trade Cruz? (WHIR)

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:55 pm

i don't mind trade cruz for better RB as your RBs is pretty weak right now, and out of all those RB you've mentioned, i think Spiller and McGahee is a little too low for Cruz.

Going to be hard to get Martin bcoz of his 2 monster game and aint bad today.
C Johnson is hard to reach too, a RB from 1st round and finally break out after so many week of disappointment, people just ain't going to let it go easily

which leave you with Gore and Bradshaw, but are capable of RB2, and i personally like Gore over Bradshaw.
however, if you can get CJohnson or Martin, both of them are better options than the rest

the biggest problem is that you are selling Cruz at his lowest point, especially after 3 games straight low point performance.
you can probably get any RB at week7 with Cruz except elite 3RB, now it's just bad timing.
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GoBgRd » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:10 am

Pull the trigger. I think you are good at WR, Moore, Amendola and Wayne are all playable depending on the matchup. I think you are right, Cruz is down right now but is a popular name and should create some interest. Martin is by far the best RB on this list. If you can get Martin for him, tell the other owner I have an open spot for him if he is looking for another league. I think Gore is your best bet. I think that is a good trade for both depending on the other owners needs/bench. C. Johnson is another possibility. He started out bad and has been looking more like himself. His owner may be in the mood to move him. Bradshaw is an injury mess and McGahee is an injury waiting to happen. Spiller is splitting carries. I think your options are: 1. Martin (long shot), Gore, C. Johnson. By the way, if you have the space add F. Jones, he can fill in for Murray until he is back, he had a nice week and is looking at two more good weeks coming...CLE and WAS, both at home.

Help me out:
viewtopic.php?t=529424
GoBgRd
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby wtr23 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:38 am

GoBgRd wrote:By the way, if you have the space add F. Jones, he can fill in for Murray until he is back, he had a nice week and is looking at two more good weeks coming

I had been using f Jones the last few weeks, but decided to plug in Ballard instead as he seemed to be playing better and Donald Brown was list as doubtful to play in the Thursday night game. Had I known they were splitting carries I would have went with Jones.

***EDIT*** looks like someone already snagged Jones, the #2 team is going for the kill. He'll need more than back-ups to topple #1.BTW the Johnson,Gore, and Spiller owner is currently in 3rd place, which makes it seem he will be the easiest to trade with. Just sent in the Cruz for Gore trade, hope he sees it soon.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PatriotsGirl » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Giving up Cruz? I don't know about that.
PatriotsGirl
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby petrieslastword » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:54 pm

wtr23 wrote:
GoBgRd wrote:By the way, if you have the space add F. Jones, he can fill in for Murray until he is back, he had a nice week and is looking at two more good weeks coming

I had been using f Jones the last few weeks, but decided to plug in Ballard instead as he seemed to be playing better and Donald Brown was list as doubtful to play in the Thursday night game. Had I known they were splitting carries I would have went with Jones.

***EDIT*** looks like someone already snagged Jones, the #2 team is going for the kill. He'll need more than back-ups to topple #1.BTW the Johnson,Gore, and Spiller owner is currently in 3rd place, which makes it seem he will be the easiest to trade with. Just sent in the Cruz for Gore trade, hope he sees it soon.

Cruz for Gore seems solid, though if you can, I'd pick up Hunter as the handcuff, what with Gore and his constant "sore ribs".

Mine?

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=530138
petrieslastword
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 117)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions