Too soon to think playoffs/use waiver on Wk.15 projections? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Too soon to think playoffs/use waiver on Wk.15 projections?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Too soon to think playoffs/use waiver on Wk.15 projections?

Postby taw856 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:54 am

I'm 7-3 in a 14-team league with two 7-team divisions where each division winner gets a Wk.14 bye as 4 other wild cards (6 playoff teams total) play to reach the Wk. 15 semis. My division has one other 7-3 team that has the head-to-head tiebreaker over me, but has a tougher remaining schedule, and the next best team in our division is 5-5.

In short, I feel like my chances of going 3-0 and ending up with a Wk. 14 bye are good, and even if I did fail to take my division, with a good record I'd still end up in a Wk. 14 playoff game against a (relatively) weaker opponent that I'd feel confident winning.

So, I have two questions...

1. Is it too soon to be looking at setting up Wk. 15 as well as possible? (I'm assuming that if I get to that week as expected, it'll be against tougher competition: either the other 7-3 team from my division or one of the top two teams from the other division, who are 8-2 and 7-3.)
2. If so, would you use a waiver claim on anyone based on their Wk. 15 matchup, or is it sufficient to just pick from the group below once they become free agents again on Wednesday?

MY ROSTER
QB A. Rodgers, (M. Schaub), (R. Tannehill)
RB D. Martin, S. Jackson, (J. Dwyer), (P. Thomas)
WR L. Fitzgerald, J. Jones, M. Crabtree, (S. Rice), (K. Wright)
TE D. Pitta*
K G. Hartley
DEF Atlanta

*Pitta is v.DEN Wk. 15

CONSIDERING DROPPING Tannehill, Thomas and/or Pitta FOR... (Wk. 15 matchup)
RB M. Reece (v. KC)
RB M. Goodson (v. KC)
RB B. Wells (v. DET)
RB C. Ivory (v. TB)
RB M. Bush (v. GB)
TE B. Celek (v. CIN)
DEF San Diego (v. CAR)
DEF Miami (v. JAX)
DEF Washington (@CLE)
DEF Oakland (v. KC)
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
A. Rodgers outscores D. Brees in ESPN standard scoring by 40+.
D. McFadden plays 16 games (but ineffectively for someone whose only problem we always assumed was health).
M. Lynch=not a Top 10 RB.
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 183)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Too soon to think playoffs/use waiver on Wk.15 projectio

Postby Scipio » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:46 am

I'd definitely drop Tannehill, you'll never play him unless Rodgers goes don, and if that happens you're in a world of trouble. Schaub has a cupcake run in as QB2.

By dropping Tannehill, you have a free pick from your playoffs, so there is NO risk,....fire away.

I wouldn't drop Pitta for Celek.

Oak looks a tasty matchup vs KC, despite coming unglued in BAL. I think Charles gets heavily limited as season progresses, and they are utter garbage at QB.
Scipio
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby prophecy135 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:07 pm

I think both Sproles eand DMC will be back by then limiting the value of Reece, Ivory, and Goodson. Not particularly fond of Celek, but he may be a better bet then Pitta, but that depends on Vick's health. I do like the Chargers and Dolphins for your DST, Falcons have some rough match ups the rest of the way. I don't see a need to keep Tannehill, but I also think I'd drop Schaub before Tannehill due to Miami's playoff week match ups.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby GoBgRd » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Thanks for the help.

I think it is smart to look forward to playoff weeks. Your opponents will be doing the same thing, its just a matter of who makes the first move. I would drop Tannehill. Even though he has a good match up in week 15, it is still a risk to start him over Rodgers. Oakland has the best match up in week 15, KC is horrible.

As for Thomas. I think his value will decrease when Sproles gets healthy, same goes for Ivory. If you want to take a chance, I think Wells could be worth a risk. He will be back and rested. I don't think any of the others are worth adding, they are all in or will be in a time share situation. By the way I think the same goes for Dwyer.
GoBgRd
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions