YAHOO DOWN! What actions are commissioners taking to fix ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

YAHOO DOWN! What actions are commissioners taking to fix ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

YAHOO DOWN! What actions are commissioners taking to fix ?

Postby FlaXB9R » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:20 am

One of the leagues I'm in had big issues with Yahoo being down. The commissioner ha proposed three options to vote on to fix. 1. Leave it alone 2. Optimize all lineups after Thursdays game & 3. Optimize all lineups for the hole week.

I personally wasn't effected by it being down but thinking unbiased I don't think any of those options are the answer and would like to know outsiders opinions.
I purposed to the commissioner that the fairest thing to do would be to replace players who where out with the highest projected player on the bench rather than the most productive. I personally don't feel that optimal lineups are realistic. There's always a sleeper or players who under perform.

Any opinions are appreciated.

Thanks
FlaXB9R
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: YAHOO DOWN! What actions are commissioners taking to fix

Postby shawngee03 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:47 am

do not change lineups unless you got an email/text form someone with exact player changes they wated to make, or posted on the league walll that they wanted to make these changes prior to game time.

i dont have a written rule in my two leagues, but still got a couple texts around 11 asking me if i coudl manually change their lineups when yahoo got back up. so i did

but just optimizing lineups is not a good way to go. it will open yourself up to more instances down the road. "you did it for week 10, why not week X when yahoo was down for 10 mins".

a half way smart owner would have made contact with someone prior to gametime if they really needed a lineup change but werent able to
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner