HUGE QUESTION RB off the Wire - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

HUGE QUESTION RB off the Wire

Moderator: Football Moderators

HUGE QUESTION RB off the Wire

Postby bucknut419 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:26 am

I am currently in first place in my ESPN standard scoring league with MJD, AP, Frank Gore, Daryl Richardson, Stephens-Howling. AP is on bye and MJD is obviously injured. I don't care for Stephens-Howling too much and am currently looking for depth for when the playoffs start, also someone to play this week. On our waiver wire we have Woodhead, Felix Jones, Joique Bell, Jacq Rodgers, Marcell Reece, Alex Green, Mark Ingram, Chris Ivory, Ronnie Hillman. Do you think i should stay where I'm at or add one of these guys. I do need to play one of them this week and I'd like to have a good back up for the play offs? Can't promise ill get the RB I want so rank the top three in order.
bucknut419
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: HUGE QUESTION RB off the Wire

Postby Mean One » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:53 am

I take it this is a non-PPR league so I'll list as such:

Marcell Reese
Chris Ivory
Felix Jones
Danny Woodhead
Joique Bell
Jacquizz Rogers
Ronnie Hillman
Mark Ingram
Alex Green

I listed these players not based on upcoming matchups for Week 11 but present and past performances. You could also flip a coin on either but for a 1-week BYE filler I like this current listing. Subject to change, of course. ;-)
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Postby bucknut419 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:58 am

Who do you think would be a more long term option to supply me depth throughout the playoffs. And your right it is not a PPR.
bucknut419
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Mean One » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:11 am

Tough decision there on the long-term value of any of the players listed. I would start with Woodhead, then followed by Bell and Rogers. Woodhead's value lies in the injury status of both Gronk and Hernandez and their availability to start in the coming weeks. Woodhead is a great 3rd down back and a great safety valve for Brady. Bell is the current #2 in Detroit and has good hands as well. Rogers is in the same boat as mentioned here, too.

A great deal depends on the injury status of the top RB's out of commission due to injury. If Sproles returns Ivory becomes a non-issue. The same with Reese in OAK if DMC returns. But keep a close eye out on Hillman in Denver. If the injury to MaGahee lingers on into the next few weeks Hillman will get more opportunities in the backfield. Tough to gauge anything long-term with temp replacements at this time.
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions