AP+Tony Romo for Brady/Alfred Morris - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

AP+Tony Romo for Brady/Alfred Morris

Moderator: Football Moderators

AP+Tony Romo for Brady/Alfred Morris

Postby ATD116 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:46 am

I am seriously considering trying to do this for a few reasons:

AP has a bye this week, and a tough remaining schedule with 2 matchups against both CHI and GB who have pretty good run defenses. And yes I know never doubt AP but still I can't help but notice it. The most important thing is the bye though. I need to win out if I want to have a shot at the playoffs and I don't have a lot of other options with him out this week. I have Doug Martin and McFadden but I don't trust McFadden at all, even if he does end up suiting up.

Alfred Morris has a slightly easier schedule, and the upgrade Brady provides over Romo is sizeable. This means however that I will be relying on 2 rookie RBs and DMC for the rest of the season :/. Any input here is appreciated.
ATD116
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: AP+Tony Romo for Brady/Alfred Morris

Postby bucknut419 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:55 am

I don't think I could make that trade. AP will be running hard the rest of the year because they at least have somewhat of a shot at the playoffs and i think the point totals for Romo/ AP will be greater than Brady/ Morris. Any Chance you could get a better QB than Romo for some other trade, how deep is your league?
bucknut419
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Mean One » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:59 am

Not a bad trade offer for either party and your reasons for doing this are understandable. Brady would definitely shore up one weakness in your lineup and Morris would suffice for replacing AP. I would do it.
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Postby Falim » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:01 pm

AP is AP, but he still has a difficult playoff schedule. I'd consider this, but I think you can get more for AP.

viewtopic.php?t=529501
Falim
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby tantrix1969 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:12 pm

Mean One wrote:Not a bad trade offer for either party and your reasons for doing this are understandable. Brady would definitely shore up one weakness in your lineup and Morris would suffice for replacing AP. I would do it.

this
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 92)

Postby ATD116 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:22 pm

The problem is AP's bye next week. I absolutely need to win here on out, and I don't have confidence in the RB I would be replacing AP with. Morris on the other hand is coming off a bye and is up against PHI, which seems very favorable to me.

To the poster above who said try and upgrade at QB for something less than Peterson, the problem is I am not confident that there are many QBs who will easily, no doubt in my mind, outproduce Romo here on out. The only ones I would say are Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Brady, Ryan and Stafford. Out of those guy the only one I have a real shot at getting would be Brady, and even if I could get another one of those it would likely cost AP. Now I'm not saying it's likely, but it would not surprise me if Romo outproduced Luck, Flacco, Roethlisberger, Dalton Newton and Eli. Hell even RG3, but that might be a stretch.

I think I am going to do it. As much as I love AP, and I am going against my formula of riding with my RBs, I would rather get burned by being active in the trade market and going for it than never trying and losing.
ATD116
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions