Should I trade for MJD to help in playoffs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Should I trade for MJD to help in playoffs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I trade for MJD to help in playoffs?

Postby ASalty » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:37 pm

Right now I have Arian Foster, Willis McGahee, Ryan Matthews, Ivory and Beanie Wells as my RB's. I will be in the playoffs and I'm hoping that Beanie will be starting to help out as my flex because I don't have great receivers. Should I try and trade Ryan Matthews for MJD since he is injured right now and bank on him being healthy come playoff time?
ASalty
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Should I trade for MJD to help in playoffs?

Postby Pengh » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:57 pm

I like the concept but MJD says he's 2 weeks away - that could be 4 weeks. D.Murray said he was 2 weeks at 1st but it's looking like 5/6 weeks for him. you never know. Like I said, I like the concept if you think you can afford to be without Mathews for that long.

if you have time...
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=529517
Pengh
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby ASalty » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:46 pm

anyone else? the person I would send this trade to also has murray, so I know he is hurting from these two injuries and I figure matthews is my worst RB that he would accept in a trade. Is MJD or Murray worth it with 3 weeks until playoffs?
ASalty
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Mean One » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Jacksonville has a more favorable schedule in the coming weeks than what Dallas will be working with. But . . . . I can't see the Jaguars placing more harm on MJD this season by inserting him into the starting lineup if he isn't 100%. And Jacksonville really has nothing to play for this season so why damage your best asset for a few more wins? I would look to Murray as the one to acquire and hope he is good to go in the next 2-3 weeks.
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions