Need Help w/Trade: Boldin, Nicks, Ivory, etc- WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need Help w/Trade: Boldin, Nicks, Ivory, etc- WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need Help w/Trade: Boldin, Nicks, Ivory, etc- WHIR

Postby twakeman » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:51 pm

I play in a very deep 16 team league and I am coming up on a bad bye week. The reason being is Chris Johnson, my only worthwhile RB, is on bye.

I have been offered Chris Ivory and Hakeem Nicks for Anquan Boldin, Kendall Wright and LaRod Stephens-Howling. It is a PPR league.

My lineup looks like this:

QB- Drew Brees
RB- CJ2K, Stephens-Howling, Beanie Wells (IR)
WR- AJ Green, Antonio Brown, Boldin, Wright, Emmanuel Sanders, T.Y. Hilton, Ryan Broyles
TE- Martellus Bennett, Jared Cook (both on bye this week, will put in a claim for Pitta)
K- Lawrence Tynes
DST- San Fran

I sit at 6-4 and really need a win this week. I love the idea of pairing Nicks with Green and hopefully Brown, if he gets over his injury soon and I obviously need another back. I can't use Nicks this week cause he's on a bye too. The trade from my point of view would allow me to start Ivory instead of Stephens-Howling this week only and hoping Nicks can play at a high level the rest of the season. Would you pull the trigger on this trade or just roll with Stephens-Howling this week?

Leave a link and I will help with yours
twakeman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need Help w/Trade: Boldin, Nicks, Ivory, etc- WHIR

Postby Mean One » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:25 pm

If this is a keeper league no way I do that trade as is. Nicks is going to have foot/ankle/knee problems for the remainder of the season so expecting him to play at 100% from here on out is a mighty big risk. Ivory had a good week but he is sharing RB duties with 2 other RB's in NO so his production will be inconsistant from week to week. You definitely need another RB but I don't see how this trade helps you long-term. I would roll with LSH at RB for now until a better offer comes your way.
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Re: Need Help w/Trade: Boldin, Nicks, Ivory, etc- WHIR

Postby winningallthesports » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:33 pm

I wouldn't do it either. Youve already got real solid WRs, I dont think you need Nicks even if he does play big the rest of the season. Im also not sold on Ivory's value. Hes already splitting time with 2 other backs and Darren Sproles will eventually come back.

help with mine please viewtopic.php?t=529452
winningallthesports
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions