Which DST to pick up and ride? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Which DST to pick up and ride? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which DST to pick up and ride? WHIR

Postby 8rattoon » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:25 pm

I am currently in first place (7-3) in a 14-team league in which the top 8 teams make the playoffs. Seattle DST is on bye this week, and there are several quality DSTs on the ww. Because our transactions are 5 bucks apiece, the DST I pick up is likely the one that I will roll with for the rest of the season and playoffs. So, I am looking for a DST that will produce a quality outing not only for the next three weeks but also throughout the playoffs.

Quality DSTS on the ww (remaining schedule, playoffs in bold):

Baltimore (@ PIT, @ SD, PIT, @ WASH, DEN, NYG)
Tampa Bay (@ CAR, ATL, DEN, PHI, @ NO, STL)
NYJ (@ STL, NE, AZ, @ JAX, @ TEN, SD)
Green Bay (@ DET, @ NYG, MIN, DET, @ CHI, TEN)
Cincinatti (@ KC, OAK, @ SD, DAL, @ PHI, @ PIT)

Scoring is as follows:
6 pt def/ret tds
1 pt sacks
1 pt TOs
6 pt shutouts, with declining points for increased PA.

Of the above defenses, who should I pick up? Schedule-wise, it looks like the Jets or Green Bay may have the most potential through week. With this scoring in place, I typically consider sacks to be the determining factor, which favors GB and Cincy. Baltimore is temping but they haven't been very consistent this year (although for what it's worth, they have the most points of the DSTs I am looking at).

Which DST gets my bid? And, with 243 auction dollars left, any idea how much to throw down?

Thanks
8rattoon
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Which DST to pick up and ride? WHIR

Postby NYG1119 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:34 pm

I would go with the Jets...I don't know how the whole FAAB thing works since I've never done it but the Jets looks like the best bet for me.

NYJ (@ STL, NE, AZ, @ JAX, @ TEN, SD)

The only game out of this that would probably not be a good game is the NE one. I would take JAX, TEN, and SD in my playoffs and ARI will probably give up 20 sacks that week...lol

Thanks for your help
NYG1119
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Who to Start/Bench