Ryan & Mathews for Eli & Foster - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Ryan & Mathews for Eli & Foster

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ryan & Mathews for Eli & Foster

Postby Team Gooch » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:55 am

Guy is fed up with Eli and offering Eli & Arian Foster for my Matt Ryan & Ryan Mathews. Eli has been in a slump these last few weeks but I think he'll come out of it with games remaining against Packers, Redskins, Saints, Falcons, & Ravens. Ryan Mathews has done nothing but tick me off so Im thinking this is a no-brainer since Im getting Foster. Im currently in 1st at 9-1. Do I take the trade or is Matt Ryan going to continue to be that much better than Eli? I'll have to pick up another QB for this week with Eli on a bye but there are a few that have good matchups this week.

My Team--10 team league, Standard Scoring non ppr, 6pts all tds. Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1RB/WR Flex, TE, K, D
QB Ryan
RB Rice, CJ, Mathews, MJD, Jennings
WR Julio Jones, Fitzgerald, Antonio Brown, Maclin, Floyd
TE Graham
K Janokowski
D SF

Also, should I drop Rashad Jennings and pick up Marcel Reece for my Flex spot?
Last edited by Team Gooch on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Gooch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ryan & Mathews for Eli & Foster

Postby Birdem » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:27 pm

I would take this deal foster,rice,cj combo is probably unbeatable. I think eli will rebound with nicks getting more healthy just pick up a qb on the wire for this week. Foster is way better than matthews now that matthews is also losing carries to ronnie brown.
Birdem
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mean One » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:13 pm

Tempting offer with the possibility to acquire Foster but the more I think about it I'm going against the grain here and say that you are better off with Ryan at QB than having Foster on your roster. You're 9-1 with the present squad and if MJD returns you will have your 3rd RB without giving up one of the top QB's in the league today. I would stay put with that offer and wait for now.
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Postby Team Gooch » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:17 pm

Yeah thats what worries me. I have a good thing going right now so why mess with it, but, it sure would be nice to have Foster, Rice, & CJ/MJD. I do believe Eli and the Giants will get the offense rolling again so I dont think I will take that big of hit at QB if I lose Ryan.
Team Gooch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Montana168 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:21 pm

If you truly believe Eli will get over his dead arm during the bye week, then sure. But I'm not buying. Your RB are crazy deep and you have MJD coming back that you can bench Mathews if you feel the need. I'd much rather have Ryan & MJD/Mathews over Eli & Foster.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=529673
Montana168
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Matt214racer » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:25 pm

(IMO) Yea I would pass on the Trade and Stick With Wat U Got Now Since Uve Been Winning with it and A lot at 9-1 Obviously, but yea Thanks For The Advice On My Dilemma!!!
Matt214racer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby ergofrog22 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:02 pm

I would stay as I think your team is strong and I am not convinced Eli is not a long term problem. Long seaon after super bowl high.

Please help:
viewtopic.php?t=529654
ergofrog22
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Sticky Fingers » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:26 pm

Foster is a huge upgrade over Mathews. With Eli and the Giants getting a week off to rest and heal up, I think their offense will start to produce once again and Eli should be putting up similar numbers to Ryan.
Sticky Fingers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 36)

Postby Team Gooch » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:31 pm

Can I get a few more responses on this please?
Team Gooch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions