I consider this collusion...Need your opinion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

I consider this collusion...Need your opinion

Moderator: Football Moderators

I consider this collusion...Need your opinion

Postby WaterBuffalo00 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:18 pm

Had a trade accepted in my league today that I believe is collusion, but I don't want to flex my commish muscles and veto it on my own suspicion. I objected the trade but I don't believe enough people in the league check, or the ones that do will see it for what it could be and get it objected.(Need 4 total objections)

Do you guys think this is collusion.... 10 team league

JustARetardBeatDown (4-6) in 9th place
with 4 games left is basically out of the playoffs, barring something bizarre.

BallSackers (6-4) currently in 4th place, 4 teams make playoffs in our league....Also, the two of them are brothers. It seems to me JustARetardBeatDown is stacking BallSackers team

Trade:

FROM BallSackers TO JustARetardBeatDown: Drew Brees (30ppg) Andre Johnson (7ppg) Jason Witten (7ppg)

FROM JustARetardBeatDown TO BallSackers: Peyton Manning (27ppg) Ray Rice (14ppg) Jimmy Graham (12ppg)

JustARetardBeatDown already has 3 recievers (2WR, 1Flex league) averaging 9.5ppg+, so has no use for Andre Johnson whom has been riding BallSackers bench all year. Ray Rice and Jimmy Graham are his top 2 non-QB producers. He is getting nothing out of this trade. He will inherit Brees for Manning with a difference of 3ppg.
This will JUICE the BallSackers, and given that JustARetardBeatDown is all but out of contention and is on the far downside of this trade, it seems funny.

What do you guys think? (sorry for the long post, being thorough)
WaterBuffalo00
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: I consider this collusion...Need your opinion

Postby Hags888 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:19 am

Not collusion IMO.

The 4-6 team is not out of the playoffs. They still have a chance to finish 8-6, and depending on the other records in the league, mathematically speaking, I assume he's still in it. Ignore the fact that they are brothers, and ignore the team's records and look at what the trade does for each team. It would be helpful to see the complete rosters of both teams as well, as the context is really the only way to tell if the trade is fair or not. Looking at the players in a vacuum is not a good way to look at things.

Drew Brees > Peyton Manning
Witten < Graham

After that, it's hard to determine Ray Rice vs Andre Johnson. In a vacuum, Rice is probably more valuable, but what other players are on each team? If the Ray Rice owner is stacked at RB, but has no WR, he'd make this trade in a heartbeat. The reverse is true for the Johnson owner if he's stocked at WR. I don't think the trade is that lopsided really, and you can't fault a player for improving him team via trade...that is the whole point of trading!
SKOL VIKINGS!
Hags888
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner