Bush/Sproles for MJD/Murray?? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Bush/Sproles for MJD/Murray?? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bush/Sproles for MJD/Murray?? WHIR

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:38 pm

1/2 PPR and currently my RBS are McCoy, Richardson, R Bush, Sproles, Felix Jones. Other team has MJD, Murray, Bradshaw, Jaquizz Rogers, Stephens Howling, Daryl Richardson. With MJD/Murray/Bradshaw all banged up obviously he is struggling.

I was thinking of offering him Bush and Sproles for MJD and Murray. I would start McCoy every week and then could rotate Richardson/MJD/Murray based on matchups. Only kicker is I play him this week and we are fighting for a playoff spot and this makes him much better this week. Projected to win by 25 right now but we know what that means

Leave a link and ill help in return
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bush/Sproles for MJD/Murray?? WHIR

Postby ob187 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:45 pm

Yes, sounds like a good deal for you.
ob187
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pman555 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:53 pm

I would make the deal.
Thanks for the help on mine.
Thanks for the sig, deluxe_247!
pman555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DarkExile » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:17 pm

Thanks for the help on mine.

I'd lean more towards not doing the deal , it's not a bad deal either way though.

Jackonsville is always playing from behind and even when MJD was healthy he wasn't exactly lightning it up
Murray is solid when he's healthy but I like Sproles better for PPR

Since you already have 2 beasts in McCoy and Richardson I would stand pat since I'd rather have Sproles over any of the other Rbs in the deal.
DarkExile
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:51 pm

Anyone worry about Sproles and his pass catching ability taking a hit with this broken hand? Or the fact that the other RBs did decent in his absense so they may use him less in the backfield taking away some of his total touches?
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby broseph jacobs » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:48 pm

Many thanks for the help on mine.

I agree that the broken hand AND the explosion of Ivory AND the thus-far overlooked YPA production of Thomas AND the comment from Vitt that Ingram is "an elite back" stands to hurt Sproles going forward. The Shetland Pony didn't see the number of touches or targets this year as last, and now it seems the NO backfield is just a mess. PLUS, if they want to make a serious run for the playoffs, it's going to be in Drew's hands, not on the ground. That being said, Thomas has been targeted throughout the season almost as much as Sproles. I don't see any tickers reading "up" on Sproles stock at the moment.

MJD is a scary ordeal. As you know, I've had him since the beginning of the season. Even back then, his points per game were 12.7/games (PPR, of course). That's not MJD production from the past. With a "type 1" LizFranc (sp?) injury, and seeing him only on the bike this week? Who knows what kind of prospects are there? Will JAX really risk bringing him back too early in order to "save face" on a season they've clearly lost? Even so, he does have decent match-ups; but they are coming up really soon. The playoff picture for him - as you know - is rather grim. And to throw another wrench into this equation, there's always the (sliiiiiim) chance Jennings has a good game and proves himself worthy of all the high projections pundits were giving him after MJD's injury. A foot injury for a RB? It seems Maurice is getting his "payback" for the holdout???

With Murray, you're looking at a guy who's been DNP for his fifth straight week. Not. Good. Another foot injured RB. Sproles has lost value, but trading him for these two guys? I don't know. Plus, Murray may have lost value as well, given Felix's decent performance in his absence. One thing's for sure: Jerry is NOT going to be in a hurry to get him back on the field prematurely, that's for sure.

My final thought: you have a good squad of RB's. Maybe you're over-thinking your match-ups. As you said, with regards to projections "we know what that means." And making the guy you're competing with stronger before your match-up? No. Don't trade for two hurt RB's. Don't do it, man. Good luck.
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:04 pm

Thanks for the well thought out response, Ive decided to roll with Bush tonight and go from there. Maybe offer him Sproles for Murray since i hae Felix and Murray has a nice playoff schedule but we will see. THanks again everyone
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions