Big Trade Offer...Palmer - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Big Trade Offer...Palmer

Moderator: Football Moderators

Big Trade Offer...Palmer

Postby ob187 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:26 pm

Should I offer:

BMarsh or Megatron for Palmer and Maclin?

I'm in 2nd place at 7-3 in a 12 team, h2h, standard, non-ppr, 6pt/td
Start - 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1flex, 1te, 1td, 1pk

QB: Tannehill
RB: Forte, Charles
WR: Calvin, Marshall, Wayne
TE: Jimmy Graham
FX: Redman
PK: Gould
TD: Dolphins

Out - DMC, Big Ben

Bench:
RB: Hillis, Gerhart, Benson
WR: Roberts, LaFell
TD: Broncos
Last edited by ob187 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ob187
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
Posts: 1893
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 24 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Big Trade Offer...Palmer

Postby aqr135 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:03 pm

No way I'd trade Marshall. Maybe Thomas (although I don't see him on your roster).
The question is, how long is Ben going to be out? If he comes back in 2 weeks, it will be a bad trade for you. If he's out many weeks, you should make the trade.
None of us know the answer to that, but I'd make the trade for Thomas because you aren't going to win in the playoffs with Tannehill as your QB.
aqr135
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 131
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 23 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Big Trade Offer...Palmer

Postby ob187 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:07 pm

aqr135 wrote:No way I'd trade Marshall. Maybe Thomas (although I don't see him on your roster).
The question is, how long is Ben going to be out? If he comes back in 2 weeks, it will be a bad trade for you. If he's out many weeks, you should make the trade.
None of us know the answer to that, but I'd make the trade for Thomas because you aren't going to win in the playoffs with Tannehill as your QB.


It would be either Marshall or Megatron for Palmer and Maclin
ob187
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
Posts: 1893
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 24 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Big Trade Offer...Palmer

Postby aqr135 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:10 pm

Oh, okay, it said D Thomas at first. I wouldn't make the trade. You'll be able to make the trade in a week or two if Ben is still out and you're already in a good spot for the playoff, but I still wouldn't give up either of those guys. What other QBs are on the wire?
aqr135
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 131
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 23 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Big Trade Offer...Palmer

Postby ob187 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:13 pm

aqr135 wrote:Oh, okay, it said D Thomas at first. I wouldn't make the trade. You'll be able to make the trade in a week or two if Ben is still out and you're already in a good spot for the playoff, but I still wouldn't give up either of those guys. What other QBs are on the wire?


Vick, Foles, Skelton, Bradford, Weeden

The trade deadline is next Wednesday
ob187
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
Posts: 1893
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 24 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Big Trade Offer...Palmer

Postby aqr135 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:17 pm

Right, forgot about the deadline. Bradford has more consistent numbers and the STL offense is playing well right now. You could pick him up in addition to Tannehill and mix-and-match until Ben gets back. If you don't want to risk being without a good QB for the playoffs, I'd try to make a different deal, either for a better QB or for a lesser receiver. I think you're giving up too much, especially because you start 3 WRs.
aqr135
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 131
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 23 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Big Trade Offer...Palmer

Postby ob187 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:20 pm

aqr135 wrote:Right, forgot about the deadline. Bradford has more consistent numbers and the STL offense is playing well right now. You could pick him up in addition to Tannehill and mix-and-match until Ben gets back. If you don't want to risk being without a good QB for the playoffs, I'd try to make a different deal, either for a better QB or for a lesser receiver. I think you're giving up too much, especially because you start 3 WRs.


How about I trade Jimmy Graham for Palmer and Olsen
ob187
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
Posts: 1893
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 24 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Big Trade Offer...Palmer

Postby aqr135 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:25 pm

Graham is extremely valuable, I wouldn't let him go.
aqr135
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 131
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 23 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Big Trade Offer...Palmer

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:26 pm

Give us the other guy's team, makes it easier to help with trades. The one thing i would say is that assuming DMC comes back he has an easy schedule to end the year, if he gets it going you will probably use him/charles/forte in the playoffs meaning you need only 2 receivers. If thats the case then the trade isnt quite as bad, although it kills your depth a bit. I wish the guy in my league that lost Vick would be this eager, i offered him Cam and Reggie Bush for Spiller and he thought i was nuts.

Would the guy take DMC for Palmer straight up? You could start Forte/Charles and your 3 receivers and not sweat out DMC's injury the rest of the year. The other guy will probabyl do it since Palmer is just going to rot on his bench the rest of the year and it gives him a lottery ticket
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
Posts: 870
(Past Year: 378)
Joined: 18 Sep 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Big Trade Offer...Palmer

Postby ob187 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:38 pm

mycuccismells wrote:Give us the other guy's team, makes it easier to help with trades. The one thing i would say is that assuming DMC comes back he has an easy schedule to end the year, if he gets it going you will probably use him/charles/forte in the playoffs meaning you need only 2 receivers. If thats the case then the trade isnt quite as bad, although it kills your depth a bit. I wish the guy in my league that lost Vick would be this eager, i offered him Cam and Reggie Bush for Spiller and he thought i was nuts.

Would the guy take DMC for Palmer straight up? You could start Forte/Charles and your 3 receivers and not sweat out DMC's injury the rest of the year. The other guy will probabyl do it since Palmer is just going to rot on his bench the rest of the year and it gives him a lottery ticket


Start - 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1flex, 1te, 1td, 1pk
ob187
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
Posts: 1893
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 24 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 15:27 hours
(and 44 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact