QB help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

QB help

Moderator: Football Moderators

QB help

Postby Cybereyes » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi there, new member here looking for some advice. Some background, I have a team in a yahoo league with 12 other friends, it's a custom league where WR TE etc get points for catches and yards which are about the equivalent of the QB points for passes completed and yards passing. I have been plagued with injuries all year and just ended a 4 week losing streak to eek up to 7th place. The top 8 make the playoffs so I can't afford many more losses at 4-5-1. My question is should I start Carson Palmer over Matt Ryan? My first thought is no way because Matt has been pretty solid all year, BUT, there is a lot of talk about the Oakland vs NO game being a shoot out with a lot of passing going on AND I have both Denarius Moore and Brandon Myers on my team, so if he has a big passing game, I stand to benefit a lot from the connectors. But if I do this, I'm sitting Matt Ryan. I don't have any other Atlanta players though, and the cardinals have been known to put up a good defensive stance. Can I really trust Palmer and the raiders to out perform Matt Ryan against the cardinals?

One thing to keep in mind is, my biggest advantage is the double points I get for passes to both Moore and Meyers, to include double TD's if they make any. Matt seems to be throwing 2-3 TD's per game and 200-300 yards per game. Is it feasible Palmer will outperform that?

I get .5 points for completions and receptions.
20 yards per point reception yards
50 yards per point passing yards
6 points for TD's
Cybereyes
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: QB help

Postby 11stever11 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:05 pm

Welcome to the Cafe ;-D
I think Palmer will put up a solid stat line; however Ryan is the safer option, so I would go with Ryan.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Who to Start/Bench