Replacement for Vick: Foles or Rivers? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Replacement for Vick: Foles or Rivers?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Replacement for Vick: Foles or Rivers?

Postby JRM4833 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:04 pm

I probably should have replaced Vick weeks ago but he was giving me close to 20 points per game so I put up with all his turnovers. Anyway, I am now looking to replace him and the pickings are slim. Realistically, my options boil down to Phillip Rivers and Nick Foles. My gut tells me that Foles is worth a gamble against Washingto's awful pass defensen. He looked very good in limited time last week in 2+ quarters. On the other hand, Rivers finally looked good against Tampa. He plays Denver this week, a team he's done well against in the past, but he'll have a weakened running game behind him.

Feel free to leave a link and I'll gladly help in return.
When in doubt, punt!

- John Heisman -

JRM4833
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Replacement for Vick: Foles or Rivers?

Postby mr. bojangles » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:32 pm

Tough call here for sure. As crazy as it sounds, i think that Foles is maybe could be a "safer" pick in that he has a great matchup, but he is so green that i'm not sold that he can make the most of it. He's probably good for a mid range score.

Rivers is risky both because of his decision making this year and because Elvis and Von are going to be chompping at the bit to tear through SD's O-Line. I see Rivers as a potential boom or bust.

So make the decision on what you think you need to do agains your opponent this week. Even though he scares me a bit, i think i roll with the vet, rather than the inexperienced backup.

Help with mine. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=529906
mr. bojangles
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CKY_ROX » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:33 pm

I think that I would go with Rivers, although its close. I think that the chargers are giong to have to throw the ball a lot with the broncoes runnign up the score. I see about 300+ 2-3 TDs and 2 Ints.

help me out?

viewtopic.php?t=529897

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JRM4833 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:47 pm

Thanks guys. I don't know why I keep leaning toward Foles, but at least I'm more comfortable in the fact that it's close. Rivers is on waivers right now and I won't use my priority to get him so I'll wait to see if he clears first I guess.
When in doubt, punt!

- John Heisman -

JRM4833
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions