Rodgers/Lloyd/Charles for Newton/White/Lynch (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Rodgers/Lloyd/Charles for Newton/White/Lynch (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rodgers/Lloyd/Charles for Newton/White/Lynch (WHIR)

Postby nyr199435 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:33 pm

Team: 0.5 PPR, 2 QB
QB: Rodgers
QB: RGIII
WR: Lloyd
WR: T. Smith
RB: Mathews
RB: Charles
TE: Graham
W/T: Cobb
W/R: Titus Young
BN: MJD, Jake Locker, Pierre Garcon, Fred Jackson, Danario Alexander

Right now I'm in 1st place at 8-2. I'm hesitant to make a change. After ongoing negotiations, this is the most recent offer to me:
I give: Aaron Rodgers, Jamaal Charles, Brandon Lloyd
I get: Cam Newton, Marshawn Lynch, Roddy White

TRADE DEADLINE AT MIDNIGHT TONIGHT. Please help if you can!!!
nyr199435
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rodgers/Lloyd/Charles for Newton/White/Lynch (WHIR)

Postby The Jesus » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:52 pm

Massive upgrade at both RB and WR, the hit you take is Rogers for Newton. In my opinion the 7-10 point hit you take on average per week from the downgrade in your QB position could easily be made up by both Lynch and White.

Lloyd is starting to lose his rapport with Brady also, as Brady has been looking Branch's way more and more as the season progresses. Once Tom get's his other binky in Hernandez back, Lloyd moves further down the list for looks at the ball.

Do the deal.
The Jesus
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby nyr199435 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:08 pm

Crap. Really torn about giving up Rodgers in 2 QB league.
nyr199435
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Jesus » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:25 pm

Like you said though too, you are 8-2, so you haven't really gone wrong either. The question is, quarterback aside for a moment, do you think your WRs can carry you through the playoffs? I think what does it for me is you get a slight bump in production in Lynch (An argument could be made for either) and get an excellent wide receiver on a playoff team.

The only downside that MIGHT hinder White's production is that if Atlanta really starts to run away with it and earns a first round bye early. They may decide to shelf some starters in preparation for the NFL playoffs, right when you would be making your fantasy playoff push. That could be something to consider if you really don't want to give up Rogers. In my opinion, there aren't many other safer WR bets right now in the NFL.
The Jesus
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby nyr199435 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:42 pm

Maybe it's due to our league format, but Newton has 91 less points than Rodgers on the season. That seems pretty substantial.
nyr199435
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Jesus » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:09 am

Wow, yeah. What is your scoring format? There shouldn't be much more than 50 or so points between the two. Anything close to standard scoring you should only be missing out on anywhere from 5-10 points on average per game.
The Jesus
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby nyr199435 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:30 pm

Ended up not taking this. Had a chance to get my top-tier WR and didn't take it. Kind of feeling like an idiot now. But at the same time, I get the security of looking at my roster and seeing the two QB slots filled with Rodgers and RGIII. I just have to hope I get MJD and FJax back eventually, that Charles/Mathews turn it on, and that one of Titus Young/Garcon/Alexander pan out to be a decent flex option.
nyr199435
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:03 am

and you made the right choice

being 8-2, you know your team is strong in your league, therefore, assuming you are clinched to playoff, you really can't risk having Newton ruining your QB position, especially in 2QB league will waiver QB is much harder to grab.

i think the differences between elite QB (Rodger, Brees, Brady) and other QB1 (Lucks, RG3, Ryans, Stafford...etc) is that they are very reliable on their production on weekly basis. QB1 might produce similar season total points compare to elite QB, but their production pattern is not reliable, one week they might give you 30+ points, and next week with 10pts.

on top of that, Newton is not even top10 where as Rodger is currently the best QB
doesnt matter how bad your WRs are, as long as you are strong enough to win the league, your team is good.
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions