Changing waiver date ok? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Changing waiver date ok?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Changing waiver date ok?

Postby BearsFan65 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:00 am

12 team league, td passes = 6, so big premium on QB's. The Vick owner has no backup QB, and I've been trying to work a deal with him to send a QB and get a RB in return. Tuesday night is our waiver claim night, and someone dropped MJD that morning (11/13) to make a pickup. The league commissioner waived Josh Freeman and claimed MJD off waivers on 11/16. We have a three day waiver period, meaning Freeman should not have been available to claim until Monday, 11/19 (after this week), and that's how it showed up right after Freeman was dropped. Later in the day on 11/16, the Yahoo league settings reports that the waiver date for Freeman was changed from 11/19 to 11/17. Sure enough, the Vick owner (who had second priority) claimed Freeman off waivers.

I play the owner who just claimed Freeman, that I've been trying to work a deal with, next week. I'm not happy with what seems to be an arbitrary adjustment of the rules, because it destroyed my leverage in the trade discussions and handed my next opponent a much better QB than he could have gotten otherwise. The next available QB's are Weeden, Bradford, etc. - a big step down from Freeman.

Am I right to call foul on this? Part of me wants to say "whatever" and move on, but since it was the commish who dropped Freeman and then changed the waiver date on him, I feel like the two of them may have made a "deal" of their own, and I don't like it. Thoughts? Thanks.
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Changing waiver date ok?

Postby stomperrob » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:54 pm

That's def not playing fair, I'd be saying goodbye at the end of this season!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby Hags888 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:15 pm

Yep, I agree, someone cheated. I wouldn't stay in a league like that.
SKOL VIKINGS!
Hags888
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)

Postby tantrix1969 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:53 pm

yea agree, I'd wash my hands of that league
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 92)

Return to Commissioner's Corner