Having some trouble but this is what I think I am going with:
Start
Bryant
Cobb
Amendola

Bench:
Fitzgerald
M.Williams

I am on the fence with benching Fitzgerald but I am not sure who I would sit instead of him. Any thoughts?
cabrego
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 11 WR Line Up Help!

Postby bgriego » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:15 pm

I am benching Fitz this week also.

MIne:
viewtopic.php?t=529930
bgriego
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby prophecy135 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:21 pm

cabrego wrote:Having some trouble but this is what I think I am going with:
Start
Bryant
Cobb
Amendola

Bench:
Fitzgerald
M.Williams

I am on the fence with benching Fitzgerald but I am not sure who I would sit instead of him. Any thoughts?

I have a hard time benching Fitz, but I think you have very good options with good match ups. I think if Haden was playing then I might sit Dez, but that's a very close toss up for me, and only if Haden plays.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=529982
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby broseph jacobs » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:49 pm

My vote is
COBB / AMENDOLA / FITZ

AARON RODGERS to RANDALL COBB is the most efficient pass combo in 2012, hands-down. Starting him against the Lions is a no-brainer.

I don't think you can sit Larry. He's the #1 guy in the offense. Ya, he suffers from a terrible offensive line making things hard for less-than-desirable QB's (thus lowering his production), but I don't see how you can bench him, even against the #8 ranked passing D (fantasy-wise). He's such a playmaker, you don't want to be the team manager who sits him when he catches two TD's.

It feels like analysts haven't caught up with just how good Amendola is. Remember him being uncover-able against the SF defense last week? Not bad for a first week back, eh? His production this year has been against passing defenses like SEA, SF, and CHI. He's unstoppable. He passes the eyeball test with flying colors. He gets just about 2 red zone targets per week. That's not fabulous, but it's more than some WR's in the league! Plus, he's making plays from 30, 40, even 80 yards out (well, almost... last week he had an 80 yard tare in OT just short of the endzone. [Also, it was called back because of a penalty; but that's not his fault]). Listen, if you can have your way ALL DAY against Pro Bowl corner Carlos Rodgers, with help from Pro Bowl safety Dashon Goldson, you've got something. The Jets won't be able to start Cromardie against him because they need him to go deep outside with Gibson. And, even if they did, you think that would stop Danny from separating? I don't.

Dez might be boom or bust (again) this week, depending on whether Joe Haiden lines-up against Myles Austin (his normal spot) or against Dez. That's a tough call because Dez has been THE guy as of late. The CLE passing D is very below average, and even if Dez does pull Haiden, he is athletic enough to get some separation in the secondary, imho. You wouldn't be crazy for starting him; I just think he's more risk/reward this week, that's all.

Good luck!
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)

Re: Re: Week 11 WR Line Up Help!

Postby cabrego » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:22 pm

broseph jacobs wrote:My vote is
COBB / AMENDOLA / FITZ

AARON RODGERS to RANDALL COBB is the most efficient pass combo in 2012, hands-down. Starting him against the Lions is a no-brainer.

I don't think you can sit Larry. He's the #1 guy in the offense. Ya, he suffers from a terrible offensive line making things hard for less-than-desirable QB's (thus lowering his production), but I don't see how you can bench him, even against the #8 ranked passing D (fantasy-wise). He's such a playmaker, you don't want to be the team manager who sits him when he catches two TD's.

It feels like analysts haven't caught up with just how good Amendola is. Remember him being uncover-able against the SF defense last week? Not bad for a first week back, eh? His production this year has been against passing defenses like SEA, SF, and CHI. He's unstoppable. He passes the eyeball test with flying colors. He gets just about 2 red zone targets per week. That's not fabulous, but it's more than some WR's in the league! Plus, he's making plays from 30, 40, even 80 yards out (well, almost... last week he had an 80 yard tare in OT just short of the endzone. [Also, it was called back because of a penalty; but that's not his fault]). Listen, if you can have your way ALL DAY against Pro Bowl corner Carlos Rodgers, with help from Pro Bowl safety Dashon Goldson, you've got something. The Jets won't be able to start Cromardie against him because they need him to go deep outside with Gibson. And, even if they did, you think that would stop Danny from separating? I don't.

Dez might be boom or bust (again) this week, depending on whether Joe Haiden lines-up against Myles Austin (his normal spot) or against Dez. That's a tough call because Dez has been THE guy as of late. The CLE passing D is very below average, and even if Dez does pull Haiden, he is athletic enough to get some separation in the secondary, imho. You wouldn't be crazy for starting him; I just think he's more risk/reward this week, that's all.

Good luck!

Thanks for your analysis and I tend to agree with you on benching dez it is just a tough thing to do. I feel it Dez and Fitzgerald are similar with their boom/ bust situation so I tend to favor Dez since he has a better QB, and a better match up. However it looks like fitzGerald has been more productive over the last 4 games so that is why this choice is so tough

I like cobb for obvious reasons except the number for targets he gets worries me a bit.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
cabrego
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby cabrego » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:40 am

Hey guys talked to my buddy tonight and he thinks im crazy for starting Amendola.

he thinks I should start: Cobb, Bryant, Fitz.

What say you? Any merit to dropping Amen for Fitz?
cabrego
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby sdnasty1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:02 am

there is merit.

id go with your gut, whatever it is. but i would probably go fitz, the cards are going to have to throw it a lot. and garbage time counts.
sdnasty1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby cabrego » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:00 pm

Any final thiuvhts on benching fitzgerald dare i

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
cabrego
Water Boy
Water Boy