Bad Luck to ask, But need Week 1 help!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bad Luck to ask, But need Week 1 help!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bad Luck to ask, But need Week 1 help!!!

Postby bzabodyn » Wed Sep 04, 2002 5:41 pm

Here is what i am currently looking at as my starting lineup:

QB: K. Warner
RB: Shaun Alexander & J. Stewart
WR: Tim Brown & I. Bruce
TE: C. Lewis
K: J. Cortez
DE: Redskins

My Backups are:

QB: B. Johnson
RB: Alstott, Wheatley, Wells
WR: Thrash, D. Alexander, K. Dyson, & D. White
K: Paul Edinger (available on waiver)

Is there anything I can do to avlleviate Stewart of his starting job? He is really what can bring my entire team down...anyone got any creative trade ideas to help my RB situation???

All advice appreciated!
bzabodyn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:11 pm

its never bad luck to ask...

first id drop cortez for edinger. does cortez even start? this week they both play relatively week D's but i think edinger would be better for the long haul so pick him up. only advice for helpin ur rbs is to try to trade stewart and thrash for a better b than stewart and a worse wr than thrash. couldnt hurt. ;-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bzabodyn » Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:20 pm

You should know who you're starters for week one are on draft day (barring any injuries) - and basically, I didn't..... My first year in an auction league, and I'll let you guess which 2 I spent all of my $$$ on!!!
bzabodyn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby terpfan » Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:33 pm

cortez and wells??? lol

i want to try an auction league... sounds cool.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby joe_montana » Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:37 pm

Try and get a better rb by trading Stewart and a WR to someone who is foolish enough to believe he will stay healthy. (they're out there trust me). That seems like the only way to help your team.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bzabodyn » Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:17 pm

An auction league is really the only "fair" way to do a fantasy draft - but there is way more stategy involved than just putting together player rankings - this was my first year to do this and I was very overwhelmed by it all, but also very excited - I won the league by picking Alexander in the 14th last year and had chosen Warner as my first pick - there was no way I was going to let either of them go to another owner; the only bad part is that they cost me 65% of my total $$$ - to say the least, I sat out for quite some time and observed...
bzabodyn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

What about?

Postby trentvaughn » Thu Sep 05, 2002 12:13 pm

If your team was my team, here's what I would try and do.

Trade Alexander and Alstott for Eddie George & RBx(I don't know who else is on that person's team, but they'll drool to get Alexander). I know that he won you the league last year, but don't look for the same this year. The O-Line is hurt and holding out, Dilfer isn't back and Hasslebeck is worse than last year. I think he's still the third best back in fantasy football. If you can replace him with Eddie George and another decent RB who can start for you, I would do that. Stewart isn't staying healthy. Alstott isn't Grudens type of back, Wheatly will get more carries but not a ton, and Wells isn't worth having on your squad unless it's a keeper league. Maybe throw in a WR for good measure.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby bzabodyn » Thu Sep 05, 2002 5:57 pm

Why did you pick Eddie George out of the 2nd tier group? What are you expecting from him this year?

The team that has Eddie also has Hearst, Ant Smith, and C. Garner...
His WR's are Boston, Troy Brown, T. Glenn, W. Jackson, and C. Conway....

What do you think now?
bzabodyn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk