Week 12 Lineup Questions (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Week 12 Lineup Questions (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 12 Lineup Questions (WHIR)

Postby zjk924 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:09 am

Hey all,

I know Week 11 isn't even over yet... But there are 3 games on Thursday this week, and we're getting right down to the wire in terms of fantasy football playoffs. And this week, I'm completely clueless as to who to put in.

I'm in a 12 team non PPR league with 2 flex positions.

As of right now, the questions in my lineup for Week 12 is:

RB: Fred Jackson @ Indianapolis
TE: Antonio Gates vs. Baltimore
W/R: Dez Bryant vs. Washington
W/R: Mikel Leshoure vs. Houston.

And my bench players are:
Marcel Reece @ Cincinnati
T.Y. Hilton vs. Buffalo
Alex Green vs. NY Giants
Felix Jones vs. Washington
Vick Ballard vs. Buffalo
Martellus Bennett @ Green Bay

I think I'm leaning towards putting Reece @ Cincinnati and T.Y. Hilton vs. Buffalo in, but I don't know who to take out. My instincts are that Leshoure is the weakest link here, because of the matchup. But I wonder if taking Fred Jackson out this week again would be smart, because they're playing on Thursday. In addition, Felix Jones may be a good play against a weak Washington defense. [**EDIT** I've been using both him and Dez Bryant lately, and it has paid dividends for me, since it looks like Demarco Murray still won't be back this week.] To complicate matters, Vick Ballard may ALSO be a great play here, because Buffalo gives up huge amounts of points to running backs. Also, I cannot decide whether Antonio Gates vs. Baltimore is a better decision than Martellus Bennett vs. Green Bay.

I know this is all very complicated and there are a lot of things to keep track of, but basically my point is, of these 10 players, which FOUR are the strongest? Haha. And obviously, WHIR in return.
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 30)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 12 Lineup Questions (WHIR)

Postby sabomnim » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:30 am

id def play reece
felix jones has been great for me lately as a flex but i play ppr, so idk if hes been as good in nonppr

so i wanna say reece and felix

id leave gates and dez in

please help with mine
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=530164
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 75)

Postby tdoner53 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:46 am

well i agree with the reece and gates idea. both have been monsters lastely and they have pretty good match ups. i dont agree with starting dez. i would look into hilton this week. if avery is out he is going to be lucks go to guy. not really liking the leshoure matchup either. dont see back to back teams putting up big numbers against that texans defense. i would look into starting felix jones. has a great match up and is #1 in dallas right now with murray out.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=530168
QB-Brady,Palmer
RB-Lynch,R.Bush,V.Ballard,R.Matthews,M.Reece
WR-C.Johnson,R.Wayne,S.Smith,S.Moss,Bowe,Hilton,Alexander
TE-Gresham
K-Hansen
DEF-Rams,49ers
QB-1,RB-2,WR-3,TE-1,W/T-1,W/R-1,W/R/T-1,K-1,DEF-1
tdoner53
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby curtk » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:04 pm

Thanks for the help with mine.

I'd give the edge at RB to Reece. Jackson will split carries with Spiller, and there's no reason for OAK to rush McFadden back, so Reece should get most of the touches. Plus, the matchups are similar. And I'd go with Ballard over Leshoure because of his juicy matchup. Keep in mind that I have no confidence in Felix, so I'm biased against him. WAS is not bad against the run (22nd best for RBs), and Felix is brittle - low floor. So, I'd rank your RBs as:
1. Reece
2. Jackson
3. Ballard
4. Leshoure
5. Felix

Dez Bryant is a must-start this week. He's solid and has a great matchup (WAS is 3rd best for WRs).

I think you've gotta go with Gates over Bennett at TE. BAL is typically tough against TEs, but with Ray Lewis out and Ed Reed out this week, I think that bodes well for Gates. Gates is the better player. Bennett started the season well but is too unpredictable and his matchup is tough (GB is tough against TEs).

Bottom line:
RB: Marcel Reece
TE: Antonio Gates
W/R: Dez Bryant
W/R: Fred Jackson

After all that, I guess the only change I'm suggesting is to remove Leshoure and add Reece (since it doesn't really matter which spot they're in). Hope this helps!
curtk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 9)

Postby zjk924 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:07 pm

Thank you so much, your analysis was really helpful.

Now, what about Vick Ballard (against a very weak Buffalo run D) and T.Y. Hilton (whose been exploding lately)?

So, I guess my lineup would be:

WR: Randall Cobb
WR: Dez Bryant
RB: C.J. Spiller
W/R: Fred Jackson
W/R/T: Vick Ballard

Or something like that?

I should also probably mention I have Julio Jones, which further complicates things. But I think I'm going to bench him this week, due to his injury.
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby curtk » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:25 pm

I forgot that you'd mentioned Hilton. I'd start Hilton over Jackson. In fact, I was considering Ballard over Jackson originally, and think his matchup and Jackson's uncertain role (may be eased in with few touches), bumps Ballard over Jackson.

So:
WR: Randall Cobb
WR: Dez Bryant
RB: C.J. Spiller
W/R: T.Y. Hilton
W/R/T: Vick Ballard
(TE: Antonio Gates)

That's the way I'd go...
curtk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 9)

Postby zjk924 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:36 pm

Hilton over Jackson, interesting.

Although, if Julio Jones practices this week, I think I gotta go him over Vick Ballard, too. But assuming that doesn't happen, which I don't think it will, I like that lineup. Thank you so much
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bunnnnny » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:46 pm

Yeah I think you got it right. Reece, Hilton, and Ballard over Jackson. And if Julio plays then him over Ballard.
bunnnnny
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby AxCam24 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:43 pm

TE: Antonio Gates vs. Baltimore
W/R: Dez Bryant vs. Washington
W/R: Mikel Leshoure vs. Houston.

Gates is streaky, but worth the risk. Reece will get touches. Leshoure gets goal line carries.
AxCam24
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby leffe186 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:52 pm

zjk924 wrote:Hilton over Jackson, interesting.

Although, if Julio Jones practices this week, I think I gotta go him over Vick Ballard, too. But assuming that doesn't happen, which I don't think it will, I like that lineup. Thank you so much

I like the lineup too, but I really wouldn't get hung up on Julio Jones. I just don't think the Falcons need to risk him, and they will be shy after his ankle injury flared up last week. I'd still start Ballard over him.

Thanks for your help!

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=530181
leffe186
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 100)

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench