Alexander #1 Waiver Pick Up?? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Alexander #1 Waiver Pick Up?? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Alexander #1 Waiver Pick Up?? WHIR

Postby jm1llz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:30 am

Hey guys, wondering if youd use the #1 pick on Alexander? My team is in my sig. I dont know if id use him over my players now but could be good depth? Dropping Jones. If not him these are the other big names that may go,

Blackmon, Parmele, Hillman, B. Brown, Finley

Thanks for the help and leave a link.
My team:
Rodgers
Wallace, A. Johnson, D. Moore, D. Alexander
Morris, Reece, DMC, Murray, Wells, B. Brown, Hillman
Gates
Bryant
Seattle,
jm1llz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Alexander #1 Waiver Pick Up?? WHIR

Postby SumG » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:30 am

I'd rather have Alexander than the Dallas defense with your team, but I agree it seems unlikely you'd use him.

help? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=530121
SumG
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kronik85 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:16 pm

sometimes someone riding on your bench keeps him from being someone else's starter.

i'm debating between grabbing blackmon (who i drafted and dropped several weeks back for rashad jennings), and alexander. blackmon might get gabbert back.... while alexander has more of a real offense to work with instead of the broken ineffective jags.
kronik85
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby donkquixote » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:24 pm

I have shorts and I'm picking up Blackmon this week because that's my best option, but I'm not thrilled about it at all. Let's face it, the Jags are not going to pick up 350 passing yards per game no matter who is at QB. They have Shorts, Blackmon, and Robinson who have all been targeted heavily from time to time, when the offense slows down someone is going to have to starve. I wouldn't want to have to find out who when you have an option like Alexander who is playing great in a currently underachieving offense.
donkquixote
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Postby jm1llz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:47 pm

Thanks for the help everyone, I agree blackmon isnt going to put the stat line he did in a jags uniform. Ive decided to drop dallas D so im looking at getting alexander and hillman, either will look good on my bench, and the guy with mcghea will definetly be trying to get hillman. He is in the playoffs ahead of me but i have a better waiver, should i grab him first and hope to get alexander in rd 2 of waivers? I technically have the 2nd waiver pick and the guy ahead of me needs a wr after losing bowe this weekend, (he also has shorts, meaning he probs wont take blackmon), should i try hillman first and crush the mchagee owners rb situation or take the chance on alexander?
My team:
Rodgers
Wallace, A. Johnson, D. Moore, D. Alexander
Morris, Reece, DMC, Murray, Wells, B. Brown, Hillman
Gates
Bryant
Seattle,
jm1llz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)