Justin Blackmon - breakout game - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Justin Blackmon - breakout game

Moderator: Football Moderators

Justin Blackmon - breakout game

Postby stomperrob » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:01 am

He only had 250 receiving yards heading into Week 11, but he exploded for 236 yds yesterday in a losing effort against the Texans:

Breakout game for Jaguars WR Justin Blackmon
Posted: November 18, 2012 - 11:24pm | Updated: November 18, 2012 - 11:37pm
By Vito Stellino

Jaguars coach Mike Mularkey has been talking the last few weeks about the progress rookie wide receiver Justin Blackmon is making.

“Every press conference I’ve had in the last five weeks I’ve talked about his preparation, how he practices and how he’s taking another step in each game,’’ Mularkey said. “Whether it shows up on statistics with all the things everybody looks at, there’s a lot of things that go in watching a guy develop. He has gotten better and better and better every week and today was good for him and good for our team to see that. I’m sure it will carry over.’’

Mularkey’s comments have mostly fallen on deaf years in recent weeks because Blackmon has at times looked lost and confused and hadn’t put up big numbers.

He came into Sunday’s 43-37 overtime loss to the Texans with 250 receiving yards this season. In his last game against the Colts, he had only three catches for 25 yards.

The fifth player selected in the 2012 draft last April, Blackmon was beginning to look like another disappointing first-round draft pick.

con't...

more: http://jacksonville.com/sports/football ... n-blackmon
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Justin Blackmon - breakout game

Postby m16a » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:43 am

Good to see that he at least looks like he's got it in him. Still at the mercy of a bad QB situation though. Gives me hope that he can bounce back and be a solid WR, eventually.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Re: Justin Blackmon - breakout game

Postby take it to the house » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:46 pm

Yea. I think the change in QB will do him good. Henne is a gun slinger and Blackmon should continue to benefit from this.
After a week of Medical School, all I want is some NFL Football…
take it to the house
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk