Week 12 WRs - Pick 3 - Nicks, Bryant, Austin, Alexander, etc - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Week 12 WRs - Pick 3 - Nicks, Bryant, Austin, Alexander, etc

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 12 WRs - Pick 3 - Nicks, Bryant, Austin, Alexander, etc

Postby Korik110 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:01 pm

Have a tough matchup in Week 12 and I'm looking to maximize my lineup. I am torn on my WR options for this week.

Right now I'm planning to start:

Dez Bryant against Washington - soft defense against the pass and Romo seems to be locked in on Dez lately
Danario Alexander against Baltimore - Alexander is Rivers' favorite target now and Baltimore's pass D has not been great this year
Hakeem Nicks against Green Bay - Nicks seems to be healthy and was targeted a ton in his last game before the bye. Seems like that Manning will be throwing a ton trying to keep up with the Packers

Bench consists of:
Miles Austin - also against a weak Washington pass D
Cecil Shorts - playing against a weak Tennessee D
Darius Heyward-Bay - playing against Cincinatti

Any disagreement with the starters? Should I bump Austin back up in place of Alexander or Nicks? Or maybe give Shorts a start?
Any input is appreciated.
Korik110
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 12 WRs - Pick 3 - Nicks, Bryant, Austin, Alexander,

Postby zjk924 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:00 pm

-Don't play both Miles Austin and Dez Bryant. You gotta roll thedice on which of them you prefer, but I think you're right, I think Dez is the better choice. He's on fire lately.

-I don't think Danario Alexander is also a good choice. It's a bit risky, because of how inefficient Philip Rivers has been, but also because of how stringent Baltimore is. They played quite well against the Steelers, ALthough I could see it being a good matchup.

-Hakeem Nicks is definitely a good choice here, he's got a great matchup, and you're right, Manning is gonna have to step up against the Pack.

Darius Heyward Bay is, I think, the best bet for your #3. Cincy D is weak, and Carson Palmer should, theoretically, be able to get the ball to him. Especially if Darren McFadden is out again this week, which I believe he will be.

viewtopic.php?t=530116
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 30)

Postby cabrego » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Korik110 wrote:Have a tough matchup in Week 12 and I'm looking to maximize my lineup. I am torn on my WR options for this week.

Right now I'm planning to start:

Dez Bryant against Washington - soft defense against the pass and Romo seems to be locked in on Dez lately
Danario Alexander against Baltimore - Alexander is Rivers' favorite target now and Baltimore's pass D has not been great this year
Hakeem Nicks against Green Bay - Nicks seems to be healthy and was targeted a ton in his last game before the bye. Seems like that Manning will be throwing a ton trying to keep up with the Packers

Bench consists of:
Miles Austin - also against a weak Washington pass D
Cecil Shorts - playing against a weak Tennessee D
Darius Heyward-Bay - playing against Cincinatti

Any disagreement with the starters? Should I bump Austin back up in place of Alexander or Nicks? Or maybe give Shorts a start?
Any input is appreciated.

Tough call but I think you have to go Dez and Shorts in the starting line up, both of those guys have seen the most targets lately. Manning has been off lately so it's hard to see him getting a touch down, since Manning hasn't thrown one in several weeks now. Number 3 is too tricky...for me to call right now :)
cabrego
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby tdoner53 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:33 am

i am thinking alexander, bryant, and shorts. bryant is romo's favorite. shorts is henne's favorite and alexander is a close favorite over floyd.
QB-Brady,Palmer
RB-Lynch,R.Bush,V.Ballard,R.Matthews,M.Reece
WR-C.Johnson,R.Wayne,S.Smith,S.Moss,Bowe,Hilton,Alexander
TE-Gresham
K-Hansen
DEF-Rams,49ers
QB-1,RB-2,WR-3,TE-1,W/T-1,W/R-1,W/R/T-1,K-1,DEF-1
tdoner53
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby curtk » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:31 pm

I've got three of these guys that I'm trying to decide on, too.

I'd rank your guys as follows:
1. Dez - passed Austin as Romo's #1 WR
2. Shorts - #1 in JAC and solid in 4 of last 5 games
3. Nicks - TONS of upside - coming off bye - almost 100% - good matchup
4. Alexander - new #1 for Rivers, but tough matchup
5. Austin - more risk - Romo may not have time to find him
6. DHB - most risk of all

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=530195
Thanks!
curtk
Defensive Assistant