Blackmon vs Alexander & Hillman vs JStew (PPR/ret yds) WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Blackmon vs Alexander & Hillman vs JStew (PPR/ret yds) WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Blackmon vs Alexander & Hillman vs JStew (PPR/ret yds) WHIR

Postby kronik85 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:56 pm

So I have Jonathan Stewart, hasn't done much despite his expanded role with the decline of Deangelo. Hillman should rise up into McGahee's spot and Peyton can actually move the ball and get Hillman near the end zone, something Stewart hasn't seen too many opportunities for. Worth droppingn JStew for Hillman?

Blackmon and Alexander are both on waivers, I have the #2 claim so I'll get one of the two if I wish. Will likely be dropping Rashad Jennings (how did he fall off so far from preseason? jesus), though I also have Broyles as my next in line to drop. Blackmon (for now) has a connection with Henne, but Alexander has a more complete offense around him and is fresh.

Current waiver priority is
1. Alexander dropping Rashad
2. Blackmon dropping Rashad,
3. and still not sure about Hillman over JStew.

Team:
Schaub(Big Ben)
Andre Johnson
Miles Austin
R.Broyles(Percy)
Foster
Jamaal(Rashad, JStew)
Witten(Hernandez)
Justin Tucker
GB Def

Backups are in parenthesis. Although I'm excited at the prospect of Hernandez coming back just in time for playoffs with Gronk out. Not that Witten is bad... but Gronkless healthy Hernandez? hunnnnngnggggggg
kronik85
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Blackmon vs Alexander & Hillman vs JStew (PPR/ret yds) W

Postby MiracleMike513 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:12 am

IMHO I like Alexander's potential over Blackmon's. Two great games with a ok one in between, Blackmon would have to give me at least one more to earn that same respect from me. Broyles should be big this week with T. Young Sr. already being labled inactive this up coming week. So I wouldn't think of dropping him. As for Stewart I would drop him for Hilman for the reason you mentioned Peyton can move the ball and he will get goal line touches. With that being said drop Jennings for Alexander and drop Stewart for Hilman. Just my two cents.
QB: R. Wilson RB: T. Richardson RB: A. Morris
WR: M. Colston WR: A. Boldin WR: J. Gordon
TE: V. Davis K: C. Sturgis DEF: Minnesota
BN: M. Jones-Drew BN: G. Bernard BN: K. Moreno
BN: T. Williams BN: P. Harvin BN: C. Kaep BN: G. Olsen
BN: G. Jennings PPR
MiracleMike513
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 13)

Postby Mean One » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:04 am

Hillman would be the one to target first with your #2 waiver claim, followed by Alexander and then Blackmon. This is how I would suggest setting it up:

#1. Drop Rashad - Grab Hillman
#2. Drop JStew - Grab Alexander
#3. Drop JStew - Grab Blackmon

You are guaranteed of getting one, if not two, of the players on this list. Depends on your league's owners wants and needs for Week 12 and into the playoffs.

Another player to look at acquiring is RB Bryce Brown of PHI. With McCoy possibly out this week he could be a sneak pickup to bolster your RB depth.
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Postby kronik85 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:41 am

i have foster/jamaal starting at RB1/2... who knows how long Percy's injury takes him out for. I need a strong player in my WR3, and I don't think Broyles will do it. Hence the priority of Alexander. Do you think even with that considered, that I'm essentially grabbing a guy who will be benched (hopefully, barring injury) for the entire season.. or a guy who could make a difference if Percy doesn't come back?
kronik85
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Mean One » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:53 am

In that case I would swap the #1 claim listing for the #2 claim listing to acquire Alexander first (if possible). Worse case scenario you end up with Hillman.
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions