Dalton, Palmer, Kaepernick? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Dalton, Palmer, Kaepernick? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dalton, Palmer, Kaepernick? WHIR

Postby RedBirdChica » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:22 am

My (Standard scoring, non PPR) fantasy team has hit injury shambles this year. Investing in Stafford also hurt. At this point, I'm looking for a home run to remain in the playoff picture.

Dalton (vs Oak/Dal/SD/Phi/Pit), Kaepernick (likely starting vs NO/StL/Mia/NE/Sea), and Palmer (Cin/Cle/Den/KC/Car) are available. I had Dalton for awhile, until it appeared that Stafford turned it around. Which QB would you target? to fill in for Stafford?

I'm also looking to pick up:
RHillman - though this is a bit risky, since there is Lance Ball, Moreno, and potentially a FA to contend for carries
BMyers - Heath is going to be pass blocking for the next 3ish weeks
DAlenander appears to be Rivers' real fill in for VJax
Cecil Shorts has been pretty consistent in hitting paydirt (Blackmon already owned)

I'm dropping Mendenhall for my QB.

Should I flat out drop Heath Miller for Brandon Myers?

After that, fairly certain that DeSean Jackson is worth dropping for either Hillman or Alexander, not sure about Shorts. What would you do? Would you throw in a drop of Antonio Brown to ensure the likelihood of getting both? It's hard to let go of him, but inury + Charlie Batch = difficult to swallow.

QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Mashawn Lynch
RB: Marcel Reece
Flex: Stevie Johnson
WR: Marques Colston
WR: Randall Cobb
TE: Heath Miller
D/ST: Steelers (I play matchup with Defense, they play the Browns this week)
K: Matt Bryant

BE Felix Jones
BE Rashard Mendenhall - Highest priority to drop
BE DeSean Jackson - has awful QB/team problems
BE Antonio Brown - injured, and has QB problems
BE Darren McFadden - injured
BE Fred Jackson - Injured, may return this week
RedBirdChica
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 44)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dalton, Palmer, Kaepernick? WHIR

Postby Mean One » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:30 am

First off, I think you will be fine with Stafford as your QB going forward. With the weather changing outside DET will be playing their next 4 of 5 games either in a dome or in warm climate (ARI). Plus Stafford has scored 3 TD's rushing so his potential to be more consistant long-term for you is there over the other QB's you listed (though Palmer has a chance to put up nice numbers while he is on a hot streak himself).

Second, don't drop Mendenhall just yet. He will eventually gain the starting job back and when healthy he is a load to take down. The Steelers will need their running game till Ben returns so hold on to Mendy as RB insurance down the road.

Third, I wouldn't drop Miller either because Batch will need him on critical passing 3rd-down plays. Batch is no stranger to the Steelers offense so he should do fine till Ben returns. I like Meyers a great deal but would drop someone else instead if you want to play Meyers over Miller in the coming weeks.

And last, if you do drop someone it should be A.Brown first over any other options. Alexander is available and can help your roster now. Hillman would be a great pickup as well. And it would be hard to drop DJax as well but if you can guarantee a chance to pick up any hot WR prospect to help your team now then I can see that scenario playing out. Would be hard to trade DJax now that Vick is down and the PHI organization is a mess offensively. The only reason I would do it is if you have a legit chance to reach your league playoffs with dropping DJax and acquiring a player you can insert into your lineup the remaining weeks. Otherwise I would wait and see if Vick returns in the next week or two. :-°
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions