Trade: Ryan for Rodgers - PPR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade: Ryan for Rodgers - PPR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade: Ryan for Rodgers - PPR

Postby Dublin1 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:27 pm

Hello,

I'm planning to propose the following trade as my fantasy trade deadline is this Friday:

M. Ryan & M. Floyd for Aaron Rodgers & MJD. I have nothing against Ryan. I'm just trying to make my team better for the playoffs as I'm 8-3 and lost this weekend for the first time in 5 weeks.

My roster:
QB: Ryan
WR: Nelson, Decker, Floyd
RB: Rice, Richardson, Spiller, Lynch
TE: Daniels
K: Crosby, Gould
DST: Denver, Arizona

Any thoughts? How do all of you feel about it? Why I think he'll do it? Because he's been officially been knocked out of playoff contention as he has a 3-8 record.

Leave your link.
Dublin1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade: Ryan for Rodgers - PPR

Postby taw856 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:53 pm

If he'll do it, then absolutely. I wouldn't if I were him though. MJD and Floyd are irrelevant to the deal unless it's a keeper, so this is basically Ryan for Rodgers, and I'd rate Rodgers higher.

Mine: viewtopic.php?t=530211
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
A. Rodgers outscores D. Brees in ESPN standard scoring by 40+.
D. McFadden plays 16 games (but ineffectively for someone whose only problem we always assumed was health).
M. Lynch=not a Top 10 RB.
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 183)

Postby kronik85 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:07 pm

hmmm

rodgers is at ~25ppg (6pt TD)
ryan at ~23ppg

i assume you only start 2 WR, otherwise you're nuts to give up your WR3 with no depth, and i'll assume you aren't...

jordy is "healthy", after recovering from foot/hamstring injuries (two things that are not easily to really fully recover from with an NFL schedule)... he's risky to 100% finish out the season.

GB has a fairly rough playoff schedule. ATL's is a easier, but not easy.

You have 4 BADASS RBs.... top 8 or so in PPR.

What I would do is package one of them with Ryan and see if you can get Brees and some high end WR/TE. WR is where you're weak, and you're trading it away.

Honestly, what are you going to do with MJD? You're gaining +2pts at QB and losing precious depth at WR for a guy who may not play again this year? You want to condense your bench talent (RBs) and upgrade your weak points.

Why do you even have Crosby rostered? Drop him and pickup from the Waiver wire Alexander, Blackmon, Hilton, Avery, Shorts.... etc.
kronik85
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dublin1 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:32 pm

kronik85 wrote:hmmm

rodgers is at ~25ppg (6pt TD)
ryan at ~23ppg

i assume you only start 2 WR, otherwise you're nuts to give up your WR3 with no depth, and i'll assume you aren't...

jordy is "healthy", after recovering from foot/hamstring injuries (two things that are not easily to really fully recover from with an NFL schedule)... he's risky to 100% finish out the season.

GB has a fairly rough playoff schedule. ATL's is a easier, but not easy.

You have 4 BADASS RBs.... top 8 or so in PPR.

What I would do is package one of them with Ryan and see if you can get Brees and some high end WR/TE. WR is where you're weak, and you're trading it away.

Honestly, what are you going to do with MJD? You're gaining +2pts at QB and losing precious depth at WR for a guy who may not play again this year? You want to condense your bench talent (RBs) and upgrade your weak points.

Why do you even have Crosby rostered? Drop him and pickup from the Waiver wire Alexander, Blackmon, Hilton, Avery, Shorts.... etc.

Great feedback! Really appreciate it.

I tried to snag J. Graham from someone else for Daniels and Spiller and the guy shut it down and he's not even making the playoffs!!!!

I will try the WR trade right now - Spiller and Nelson for ........

I dropped Heyward-Bey for Alexander and can very easily pick-up Blackmon, Hylton and Shorts.
Dublin1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions