Marshall & Ridley 4 Cruz & Richardson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Marshall & Ridley 4 Cruz & Richardson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Marshall & Ridley 4 Cruz & Richardson

Postby Five4Five » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:42 pm

10 team standard league, no ppr. We start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and 1 Flex (RB/WR). I'd be giving up Marshall and Ridley and getting Cruz and Richardson. I'm 9-2 and already guaranteed a playoff spot, and the playoffs are weeks 15 and 16, so I'm trying to focus on those matchups. I'm worried about Ridley against Frisco week 15, I was gonna play McGahee that week but now that he is out I am trying to work a trade for another option. A guy in my league wants Brandon Marshall or Calvin Johnson, and said none of his players are off limits and to make him an offer. Any other suggestions for a better trade I could offer?

My roster - Matt Ryan, Stevan Ridley, Ryan Mathews, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Mike Williams, Owen Daniels, Matt Bryant, Bears DST Carson Palmer, Dwanye Bowe, Antonio Brown, Brandon Pettigrew, 2 empty bench spots

His roster - Joe Flacco, Trent Richardson, Jamaal Charles, Victor Cruz, Vincent Jackson, Stevie Johnson, Heath Miller, Lawrence Tynes, 49ers DST BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Fred Jackson, Darren Mcfadden, LaRod Stephens Howling, Robbie Gould, 1 empty bench spot
Five4Five
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Marshall & Ridley 4 Cruz & Richardson

Postby taw856 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:04 pm

I like this trade for you if you can pull it off.

Moving Marshall right now definitely makes sense -- in two weeks the Bears could be playing in snow every week with Josh McCown at QB. I like Cruz to finish the season strong, too.

And Richardson and Jamaal Charles are both RBs worth having if possible down the stretch because who else do those offenses in Cleveland and Kansas City have to generate anything?

Would not deal Calvin Johnson+RB for Cruz+RB. But might even try adding Ryan Mathews and Charles in for a RB/RB/WR for RB/RB/WR deal if he'll bite.

My 2 cents. Good luck!

Mine: viewtopic.php?t=530211
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
A. Rodgers outscores D. Brees in ESPN standard scoring by 40+.
D. McFadden plays 16 games (but ineffectively for someone whose only problem we always assumed was health).
M. Lynch=not a Top 10 RB.
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 183)

Postby Five4Five » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:12 pm

The guy is a Ryan Mathews hater, so I know he won't take him as part of the deal. But do you think Richardson or Charles is the better pick up for the ROS? Especially weeks 15 and 16? I'm almost positive I could make this deal with either one of them in it.
Five4Five
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby taw856 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 pm

If I could trust Crennel to use Charles, I think he's the better player IMO -- but as far as who will actually get opportunities, I'd rate Richardson slightly ahead of Charles.
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
A. Rodgers outscores D. Brees in ESPN standard scoring by 40+.
D. McFadden plays 16 games (but ineffectively for someone whose only problem we always assumed was health).
M. Lynch=not a Top 10 RB.
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 183)

Postby patriotsbeatz » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:25 pm

Thanks for your help in my topic -- i see why you are against Ridley! haha.

Yes, I would do this trade. Just about that time the Eli turns it on! (or is that in the playoffs?) Either way, I like it.
patriotsbeatz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Five4Five » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:13 pm

Ok, I made the trade. I sent Marshall & Ridley and got Cruz & Charles. The guy had a sudden change of heart about Richardson, but I'm actually glad he did now. Charles has great matchups in weeks 15 and 16. Richardson will be playing @ Denver in week 16, our championship. I think that will be a tough game for him. I'm very happy with the trade, thanks for all the help!
Five4Five
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions