Crazy to start Kaepernick over Stafford? week12 wonders WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Crazy to start Kaepernick over Stafford? week12 wonders WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Crazy to start Kaepernick over Stafford? week12 wonders WHIR

Postby marioman123 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:32 pm

Im in a 0.5ppr league, and will be picking up Kaepernick, Hillman, Shorts, and T.Y. Hilton off waivers. My current lineup for week 12 looks like this:
QB: Stafford
RB: Morris, JStewart(?)
WR: Marshall, Cobb
Flex(WR/RB): Danario Alexander(?)

Now my question is, is it worth it the shot for Kaepernick to start over my Stafford? Stafford is also playing Houstons def, while it is not yet confirmed if Kaepernick has been given the helm in SF. Also, for my second RB, do you guys like me keeping JStewart or Hillman, who ill be picking up? Alexander, Shorts, or Hilton for flex?
marioman123
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Crazy to start Kaepernick over Stafford? week12 wonders

Postby leffe186 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:21 pm

I'd definitely play Hillman over Stewart, with McGahee out. As for WR, I think Alexander is the more solid play.
leffe186
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 100)

Postby marioman123 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:29 pm

How about Kaepernick over Stafford? Also, important note I forgot to add, my opponent has Calvin Johnson.
marioman123
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Ahzzy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:34 pm

marioman123 wrote:How about Kaepernick over Stafford? Also, important note I forgot to add, my opponent has Calvin Johnson.

I dont think your opponent having Calvin Johnson should matter at all. Regardless of who you start, Calvin Johnson will still get his points. You want to start the QB you think will get the most points. Doesnt matter who your opponent has.
Ahzzy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby northern » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:47 pm

marioman123 wrote:Im in a 0.5ppr league, and will be picking up Kaepernick, Hillman, Shorts, and T.Y. Hilton off waivers. My current lineup for week 12 looks like this:
QB: Stafford
RB: Morris, JStewart(?)
WR: Marshall, Cobb
Flex(WR/RB): Danario Alexander(?)

Now my question is, is it worth it the shot for Kaepernick to start over my Stafford? Stafford is also playing Houstons def, while it is not yet confirmed if Kaepernick has been given the helm in SF. Also, for my second RB, do you guys like me keeping JStewart or Hillman, who ill be picking up? Alexander, Shorts, or Hilton for flex?

Ok, so I think I would roll the dice with Kaepernick this week over Stafford against the Texans D - at least if it becomes clear that he is going the #1 at SF. Stafford has been so up and down. Although I agree that it doesn't really matter if your opponent has Johnson, I personally don't like having that situation (where you are half rooting against yourself).

I would definitely go with Hillman. For flex, of those options, I wold go with Shorts or Hilton, if Avery is out with the concussion.

Thanks for the help with mine.
northern
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 34)

Postby marioman123 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:21 pm

So you would go with Shorts over Alexander for the flex?
marioman123
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby broseph jacobs » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:01 pm

I go Alexander over shorts. Who else does Rivers have to throw the ball to? He's big, plays with energy, shows promise. Cecil is a great receiver, but Henne was targeting Blackmon more than Shorts, so Shorts' higher production days could be numbered. The matchup is slightly better for Cecil, but it doesn't matter if Henne isn't looking for him. Philip looks for Alexander constantly.

The experts say start Stafford over Kaepernick, and I couldn't disagree more. Kaepernick picked apart the Chicago Bears defense. What do you think he's going to do against the New Orleans Saints? I'd go with Kaep.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=530388
Last edited by broseph jacobs on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)

Postby zjk924 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:36 pm

Not crazy at all. He had a great game against a very good opponent, whereas Stafford is against Houston. Eek.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=530386
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 30)

Postby tantrix1969 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:30 pm

Kaepernick over Stafford,Hillman over Stewart, and Alexander in the flex
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 92)

Postby disasterisk » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:08 am

I'm in the same situation. I'm going with Kaepernick over Stafford. Stafford has been too inconsistent, is playing on a short week, against a good pass defense (although Joseph will probably sit for the Texans), and is without Titus Young.

Kaepernick has been named the starter for the Niners. New Orleans gives up the 2nd most passing yards per game in the league. They've also given up the most receiving TDs in the league. Opposing QBs score more fantasy points against them than any other team. Plus Kaepernick can run too.
disasterisk
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench