Start Luck or Eli? It's playoff time! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Start Luck or Eli? It's playoff time! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Start Luck or Eli? It's playoff time! WHIR

Postby DuhToi » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:36 pm

So the playoffs have arrived and it's do or die time. I've got a lot of options so bear with me. Standard scoring league (no PPR). Here's what I have to work with:

QB: Eli and Luck
RB, RB: Lynch, DMartin, Ronnie Hillman (McGahee out), McCoy (concussion), Murray (doubtful)
RB/WR:
WR,WR: Jordy Nelson, Steve Smith, Stevie Johnson, Justin Blackmon
TE: Rudolph, Celek
D/ST: Bengals, Cards
K: Janikowski

I've got my tentative starters in bold. My main question is regarding QB, but take a look at the rest of the lineup and offer any opinions!

Post a link and I'll check yours out, too. Thanks!
DuhToi
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Start Luck or Eli? It's playoff time! WHIR

Postby MRiH » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:59 pm

Eli has been in a slump but this could be the game he breaks out in.
I like Luck's matchup a little better, but Manning had a good game against the Pack in the playoffs. I might lean Manning but I don't think you can go wrong this week.
The rest of your team looks solid and that's the way I'd probably start it.

Please if you don't mind viewtopic.php?t=530251
MRiH
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 78)

Postby urbancommando » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:35 pm

According to reports manning has really popped in practice since the bye so it appears his arm is back at least for one or two games i would bank on manning coming back.
urbancommando
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby zjk924 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:43 pm

I'd say Luck. Buffalo defense matchup is atrocious, whereas it's very possible Aaron Rodgers will control the Giants-Packers game in terms of time of possession, giving Eli fewer opportunities. Basically, what I'm saying is you can depend on Buffalo to have a whole lote more 3-and-outs than you can depend on Green Bay having. The only reason I'm going by that logic is because Eli and Luck are both around the same skill level. So I'd say Luck.

Stevie Johnson is probably your "conservative" call for the flex spot, but you might wanna roll the dice and go Blackmon. He has a lot of upside, but you'd be taking a gamble.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=530386
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 30)

Postby DuhToi » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:34 am

@zjk924, I'm actually planning on starting Ronnie Hillman in the FLEX spot. Thanks for the advice RE: Luck and Eli, as well. Playing devil's advocate, I think the playbook will be opened up a lot more for Eli in what I foresee as a semi-shootout. Luck and the Colts, I imagine, will control the game with the Bills and Vick Ballard will see decent success in the run game. A decent lead at the half will see a lot more conservative playcalling for the Colts, which will obviously hamper Luck's fantasy upside. Thoughts?
DuhToi
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 20)

Return to Who to Start/Bench