Week 12 Lineup Questions (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Week 12 Lineup Questions (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 12 Lineup Questions (WHIR)

Postby zjk924 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:38 pm

marioman123 wrote:Thank you for your help. Considering its nonppr, the Colt I'd keep at flex is Ballard over Hilton so the only thing I would switch for you is Julio Jones for Hilton at the flex IF hes playing. Otherwise, Leshoure is the best of your bunch for Hilton.

No problem... So you'd go Leshoure over Hilton, even though Leshoure is playing a very tough Texas matchup and Hilton is playing a very easy Buffalo matchup? PLUS Donnie Avery hasn't practiced this week until just today.
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 30)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dublin1 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:18 am

TilDaRiva wrote:Thanks for helping me out with my question btw. IMO, I think you should keep your lineup as you have it. I like Hilton against Buffalo and Ballard as well. If Jones was healthy, he's a must start, but not knowing even if he's playing, I think Hilton is a good replacement.

Thanks for the help man!

I completely agree with the post above - don't make any changes to your line-up. ;-D
Dublin1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby etex211 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:26 am

Thanks for helping on mine....

The only thing I've got to add is that I am a Cowboy fan that would never count on Dez Bryant in a fantasy league.
etex211
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby broseph jacobs » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:24 pm

broseph jacobs wrote:WR1: Dez Bryant vs WAS (bad pass d and Dez is on fire)
WR2: Randall Cobb vs NYG (Rogers will light up NY's weak secondary with Cobb, his fav target)
RB1: C.J. Spiller vs IND (he's a beast and IND is ranked 22 vs the run)
RB2: Marcel Reece vs CIN (he's also on fire, and MCF probably won't start again)
W/R: Justin Blackmon vs. TEN (Henne will target him, and TEN is awful at defense)
w/R/T: Vick Ballard vs BUF (he's clearly moved to no.1 in IND, and BUF is 31 against the run)

Hope this helps. I was going to ask for your help on my flex dilemma, but I see you were doing just that while I was doing this. Ha! nice!

THIS guy knows what he's talking about! ;-D
I stand by my earlier picks, for what it's worth
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)

Postby zjk924 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:34 pm

Haha. Broseph, you sir are a bro. I appreciate your input. I think I'm gonna go with Hilton this week over Blackmon, but only because I've had Hilton benched for 2 huge weeks, and I wanna see if he can do it when I need him to.
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby broseph jacobs » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:02 pm

Haha :-)
Hey, I can't really argue with that, man. All the best of luck to ya! Happy Thanksgiving, too!
- BrosePhD

(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby zjk924 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:25 pm

So far, I've left 22 points on the bench vis-a-vi Leshoure and Felix Jones... Oops. Let's see how T.Y. Hilton and Vick Ballard do tomorrow.
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby broseph jacobs » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:49 pm

I'm a little concerned with Hilton, as Avery is back in the mix.

Can you go with Blackmon?
Who did you start already and who do you have left as options? Let's save this week for ya if we can!
- BrosePhD

(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby zjk924 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:03 pm

Haha first of all, no need to talk about "saving" the week, I'm doing FINE so far.... Tom Brady got me 30, Dez Bryant got me 24, and I have Denver D/ST and Matt Bryant, who always give huge points. Plus Antonio Gates.

So, what I've got left in question is:

RB: C.J. Spiller @ Indianapolis (a clear starter)
RB: Marcel Reece @ Cincinnati (also a clear starter, looks like Run-DMC is out again)
WR: Randall Cobb @ NY Giants (also a clear starter)
WR: Dez Bryant- 24 points, already put in
W/R: T.Y. Hilton vs. Buffalo
W/R/T: Vick Ballard vs. Buffalo

Bench:
Bryce Brown vs. Carolina
Fred Jackson @ Indianapolis
Justin Blackmon vs. Tennessee
Julio Jones @ Tampa Bay

The way I see it, Julio Jones was very limited in practice, so I think it's too risky to put him in this week. I'd rather take the gamble on Hilton or Ballard having huge games on a very weak Buffalo defense. Same with Fred Jackson. Usually, I go with both him and Spiller, but I want to wait until next week to put him back in the rotation. As for Bryce Brown, I want to see what he can do before I definitely put him in, so it comes down to Justin Blackmon for either Hilton or Ballard. Now, Ballard is definitely the starter, so he's pretty much assured yards, but this week, I think Hilton is also a good play. Yes, Donnie Avery is in, but he's injured and was limited in practice, so he might not be in the whole game. I think it'd be a good gambit, especially because of how weak Buffalo defense is.

Anyways, that's my logic, I could be wrong, though. What do you think?
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby broseph jacobs » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:28 pm

zjk924 wrote:Haha first of all, no need to talk about "saving" the week, I'm doing FINE so far.... Tom Brady got me 30, Dez Bryant got me 24, and I have Denver D/ST and Matt Bryant, who always give huge points. Plus Antonio Gates.

So, what I've got left in question is:

RB: C.J. Spiller @ Indianapolis (a clear starter)
RB: Marcel Reece @ Cincinnati (also a clear starter, looks like Run-DMC is out again)
WR: Randall Cobb @ NY Giants (also a clear starter)
WR: Dez Bryant- 24 points, already put in
W/R: T.Y. Hilton vs. Buffalo
W/R/T: Vick Ballard vs. Buffalo

Bench:
Bryce Brown vs. Carolina
Fred Jackson @ Indianapolis
Justin Blackmon vs. Tennessee
Julio Jones @ Tampa Bay

The way I see it, Julio Jones was very limited in practice, so I think it's too risky to put him in this week. I'd rather take the gamble on Hilton or Ballard having huge games on a very weak Buffalo defense. Same with Fred Jackson. Usually, I go with both him and Spiller, but I want to wait until next week to put him back in the rotation. As for Bryce Brown, I want to see what he can do before I definitely put him in, so it comes down to Justin Blackmon for either Hilton or Ballard. Now, Ballard is definitely the starter, so he's pretty much assured yards, but this week, I think Hilton is also a good play. Yes, Donnie Avery is in, but he's injured and was limited in practice, so he might not be in the whole game. I think it'd be a good gambit, especially because of how weak Buffalo defense is.

Anyways, that's my logic, I could be wrong, though. What do you think?

I disagree with your logic. Here's why:

You AB-SO-LUTE-LEE start Julio Jones tomorrow if he's cleared. Tampa Bay vs. Atlanta has the makings of a shootout because A) Matt Ryan will be looking for redemption after his embarrassing 5 INT's last week, and he'll get it against Tampa's WORST ranked pass defense. B) Freeman is coming alive and learning how to use his weapons more and more every week (kind of like a younger Carson Palmer). He will be trying to match Matt Ryan pass-for-pass, and he has the weapons to do it. The only way Freeman doesn't go off against Atlanta is if something WONDERFUL happens: Doug Martin puts in another 50+ fantasy point day! LET IT BE!!!! Julio will be used as he was throughout the season. He may see a few less snaps if need be, but I still say he has a double-digit fantasy day. That's more than I can say for a few of these other guys, like T.Y. Hilton...

Like Brandon Lloyd (6/45/0), T.Y. Hilton has been relegated to 3 wide-out sets. Avery is going to be the WR2 guy as he has all season. Unless you're the 49ers (low blow to my favorite team/coach), you don't lose your job to injury in the NFL, especially at WR (eh.... MOST of the time, anyways. What is this world coming to??). Avery will see more snaps, and probably more targets than Hilton tomorrow. It's a nice thing for Andrew Luck, unfortunate thing for Hilton's fantasy owners. He's a talented receiver, but not worth the gamble.

Speaking of not being worth a gamble, let's talk about Vick Ballard, who you and I both own. Buffalo or no, I don't trust Ballard. Well, I trust him but I don't trust Indy. Indianapolis has shown the ability to make holes for its power running game, but with Donald possibly being brought in for a committee-type backup PLUS Delome Carter being THE goal-line guy, I don't trust Ballard for 100 yard OR a TD. (Now watch; he'll probably break off an 80yd TD). Luck will be throwing the TD passes when Carter isn't running in 3yd blasts at the goal-line. Sorry.

That leaves Fred Jackson and Justin Blackmon. Fred isn't going to get his pre-injury (second injury, that is) role back from Spiller. There's been too much talk about Chan Gailey "seeing the light" with Spiller. (Honestly, can he see ANYthing?!? Somebody get this guy some glasses; he's always squinting!) I could be way off here, but it seems to me Fred Jackson will become a third down/change of pace back. Strange to even say that, right? Weird.

Justin Blackmon, Justin Blackmon, Justin Blackmon. First of all, Justin Blackmon. Secondly... you get the point. Henne is starting, and he showed that he LOVES him some J Blackmon (now, if I had followed that logic, I would have started Vernon Davis who Kaepernick showed he LOVES; but stupidly I started Witten, who got 7.2 points. Any chance Vernon WONT catch 2 TD's against New Orleans tomorrow??? Of COURSE not!). Henne will have his Shorts targets, but not as many as his Blackmon targets. Against Tennessee's 26th worst-in-the-league passing defense, Blackmon will have another big box score this week. He was Henne's favorite target last week (246 yards), and he will be this week again.

Play Julio Jones and Justin Blackmon.
Dude, all the best of luck to ya.
- BrosePhD

(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant