Trade question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade question

Postby Arkansaw Legends » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:16 pm

In our league we have a keeper league where you lose the draft pick that you drafted them in for the following year if you keep a player. Last week we had a trade proposed and I want to know your guys opinion on whether you all feel the trade should've been vetoed or allowed. You can all settle a dispute with your help. The trade proposed was Arian Foster, Wes Welker and a 16th round pick for Fred Jackson, Lance Moore and a 2nd round pick. The guy trading Arian had 3 wins and the guy getting them was in the playoff race. Veto or Allow is all I need.... Just taking a poll on what you other fantasy players think about this trade? Thanks guys much appreciated!!
Arkansaw Legends
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade question

Postby Arkansaw Legends » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:28 pm

This is a ppr league and running backs and receivers get 6 points per touchdown, 1 point per reception and 1 point for every 10 yards
Arkansaw Legends

Postby tippr34 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:22 pm

Veto that nonsense
tippr34
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Mean One » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:34 pm

There are a lot of things to consider when one-sided trades are accepted and simutaneously raises the attention of other league owners to its overall effect on the league as a whole. Especially this late in the season and close to the playoffs.

Are the two owners involved related? :-? From what you have stated so far the team recieving Foster and Welker is giving up a 2nd rd pick. Add in the fact that you mentioned also players that are kept lose the round said players were drafted in from the year before. So, I'm assuming Foster was selected in the 1st rd this year so the owner recieving him in this trade has already lost his 1st and 2nd rd picks for next season's draft.

You will have to give more info on this deal, including both rosters and the rds the players were taken in. On paper this trade is a fleece job for the team headed to the playoffs but until more info is given I can't quite confirm this deal is worth a veto outright. A good brow-beating on the league message board for sure, but hard to say collusion was involved solely based on the players involved and what little info you have surrendered here to date. :-?
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Postby Arkansaw Legends » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:47 pm

Sorry Mean One I didn't explain clearly. The guy who traded his second round pick for next year can not keep the player that he drafted this year in the second round. And no the guys are not related.
Arkansaw Legends

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions