Poised for a championship run? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Poised for a championship run?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Poised for a championship run?

Postby bigray1232 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:58 pm

I'm in a 10 team ppr league. Am I ready to make a run for the championship. I still may make one more trade.

QB RG3
Matt Ryan

RB Adrian Peterson
Chris Johnson
C.J. Spiller
Shonn Greene

WR Calvin Johnson
Reggie Wayne
T.Y. Hilton

TE Gronk
Witten

Def Matchup based

K Matchup based

I want to move both CJ's and Ryan for Foster and Cruz but may stick with this lineup.
bigray1232
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Poised for a championship run?

Postby broseph jacobs » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:55 pm

I like your chances with what you have now, but I don't love them. There are some rough match-ups for you in the coming weeks. Having Cruz in weeks 13 & 14 would certainly offset some of that, but week 16 is your worst week matchup-wise. That being said, getting rid of Ryan is the wrong move, imho. I like him better than RGIII going forward. Can you pick up someone off the wire for Gronk or make a less-epic trade for one or two more guys in the flex?

I took the liberty of setting your lineup from here on out. Take it for what it's worth. (The adjectives in parenthesis are match-ups for each player: bad/okay/good/great)

Week 13
QB Matt Ryan vs. NO (good)
RB1 Peterson vs. GB (good)
RB2 Spiller vs. Jax (great)
WR1 Calvin vs. IND (great)
WR2 Wayne vs. DET (good)
Flex CJ2K vs. HOU (okay)

Week 14
QB Ryan vs. CAR (good)
RB1 CJ2J vs. TEN (good)
RB2 Spiller vs. STL (okay)
WR1 Calvin vs. GB (good)
WR2 Wayne vs. TEN (good)
Flex Peterson vs. CHI (okay)

Week 15
QB Matt Ryan vs. NYG (great)
RB1 Peterson vs. STL (good)
RB2 CJ2K vs. NYJ (great)
WR1 Calvin vs. ARI (good)
WR2 Wayne vs. HOU (good)
Flex Spiller vs. SEA (bad)

Week 16
QB Ryan vs. DET (good)
RB1 CJ2K vs. GB (okay)
RB2 Peterson vs. HOU (okay)
WR1 Wayne vs. KC (great)
WR2 Hilton vs. KC (okay)
Flex Calvin vs. ATL (okay)
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)

Postby bigray1232 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:56 am

I appreciate the great and detailed feedback. There is nobody on the waiver for Gronk worth using on a weekly basis. I got by this week with Marcedes Lewis, that's why I got Witten. The reason I don't mind moving Ryan is because he is one dimensional and has been unable to take advantage of recent matchup like the 5 presents against the Cards, 3 against the Raiders and others. RG3 offers dimensions and can't completely shut him down. I lost those games where he was pic happy. I can probably make a less epic trade because who knows if the Texans shut Foster down the last couple games. It is probably best to strengthen the flex with Spiller still sharing time with Jackson. The other reason I think about trading Ryan is he probably will sit before the playoffs if they clinch one of two byes. Thank you for your knowledge and your advice.
bigray1232
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby broseph jacobs » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:24 am

bigray1232 wrote:I appreciate the great and detailed feedback. There is nobody on the waiver for Gronk worth using on a weekly basis. I got by this week with Marcedes Lewis, that's why I got Witten. The reason I don't mind moving Ryan is because he is one dimensional and has been unable to take advantage of recent matchup like the 5 presents against the Cards, 3 against the Raiders and others. RG3 offers dimensions and can't completely shut him down. I lost those games where he was pic happy. I can probably make a less epic trade because who knows if the Texans shut Foster down the last couple games. It is probably best to strengthen the flex with Spiller still sharing time with Jackson. The other reason I think about trading Ryan is he probably will sit before the playoffs if they clinch one of two byes. Thank you for your knowledge and your advice.

It's my pleasure, buddy. Yeah, I see what you mean about Ryan. He's become less consistent than earlier in the season for sure. I guess Spiller/Jackson is going to be 60/40 in touches going forward. Yeah, I actually might do this trade if I were you. I mean, if the trading deadline hasn't passed???
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)