Flex: Beanie Wells or Mike Williams (TB) WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Flex: Beanie Wells or Mike Williams (TB) WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Flex: Beanie Wells or Mike Williams (TB) WHIR

Postby Warmachine13 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:12 am

Beanie Wells return against STL or Mike Williams against ATL. Starting RBs are CJ Spiller and AP, other WRs are Cruz and Ty Hilton.
Warmachine13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Flex: Beanie Wells or Mike Williams (TB) WHIR

Postby Kpro » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:21 am

I'd go Mike Williams. I have both in one league and was hesitant about Freeman's pass attempts dropping in consecutive weeks 42, 36, 32, 20 but then he got back on it with 46 attempts last week and Williams had 9 targets even though he had only 3 catches to show for it. Not many times will they only connect on 1/3 and the targets are there.

Dunta will be covering V-Jax leaving a tougher draw in Asante Samuel to cover Williams but Asante had one limited practice on Friday and is a game-time decision with the shoulder injury that knocked him out of last week's game. The 5'9" Robert McClain would get the assignment to cover Williams if Asante doesn't play. Atlanta does have a solid pass defense allowing the 7th fewest passing yards per game but here is something interesting pointed out by Matthew Berry in his Love/Hate article on ESPN.

"Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams are one of two sets of teammates in the top 20 in targets outside the numbers (Dez Bryant and Jason Witten are the other combo). Jackson has caught 25 of 51 targets for four touchdowns, while Williams has caught 18 of 39 targets for four touchdowns outside the numbers. Meanwhile, Atlanta has allowed the second-highest completion percentage outside the numbers this year (64.7) and have also allowed nine plays of at least 30 yards outside the numbers, tied for sixth-most in the league." -I tried including a link to the article but the site won't let me saying I'm too new of a user.

With arguably the worst QB to start this week in the NFL in Lindley behind arguably the worst offensive line in the NFL, and Beanie's possible snap count or him aggravating his turf toe, I don't know that he'll have any chances to put up 6 unless the defense creates it and I'd have to assume the Rams will be stacking the box daring the Cardinals to pass.

Atlanta having a hole in their secondary deep down the sidelines that a duo like Jackson/Williams can exploit, and Asante possibly inactive and definitely not 100% even if he does play, I'd roll with Williams, especially with Whisenhunt likely ready to pull the plug if Beanie puts the ball on the turf even once, not to mention all the other things working against Wells. At least for my lineup, Beanie will need to show me something before I put him in over someone healthy and proven this year. Even if he ran for 120 and 2 TD's somehow, I wouldn't regret starting Williams in a case where Beanie hasn't seen game action for months and everything about AZ's offense is anemic.
Kpro
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Who to Start/Bench