Two receivers from same team? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Two receivers from same team?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Two receivers from same team?

Postby FirstCoast » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:40 am

Is it bad to have two receivers from the same team? In my case, I have Cecil Shorts and Justin Blackmon on mine. I know the Jags are bad, but Henne has been good the past two weeks, and it seems like it's been a needed spark. It worked out this week, I started Shorts and got 16 points, Blackmon had 13 on the bench. Just curious, never really saw much about this and want to know if it can work.

Edit: I haven't had them all year. Shorts I've had for about a month, Blackmon I picked up last week.
2012 FF League Champion
2012 FF League Scoring Title
2012, 2013 March Madness Champions
FirstCoast
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Two receivers from same team?

Postby Shoju » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:18 pm

If they are the best two options you have, I say start them both. If you are worried about them "stealing points from each other" that will happen if they are in your lineup or not. The only question is, who are your other options, and is one better than them? Personally, I think that Shorts is turning out to be a pretty valuable pickup. With McGahee out for the rest of the season, I dropped him and picked up Shorts, who was (surprisingly) sitting as a FA.
Shoju
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby donkquixote » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:44 pm

Shoju wrote:If they are the best two options you have, I say start them both. If you are worried about them "stealing points from each other" that will happen if they are in your lineup or not. The only question is, who are your other options, and is one better than them? Personally, I think that Shorts is turning out to be a pretty valuable pickup. With McGahee out for the rest of the season, I dropped him and picked up Shorts, who was (surprisingly) sitting as a FA.

I wouldn't worry about them stealing points from each other...The more important question is, do you buy in to the "new" Jaguars offense with Chad Henne? If he keeps passing for 200-300 yards and 2+ TDs a game there is plenty to go around...But if he has a day like Gabbert had against Houston, you're going to suffer double.
donkquixote
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Shoju » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:58 pm

Henne was never.. "great" in Miami, and it is hard to make a case that he will continue at this current state, but looking over the upcoming opponents:

Buffalo - not a serious concern.
Jets - Maybe? They are such a mercurial team this year it's hard to make sense of it.
Fins - not a serious concern.
New England - I'd consider benching both of them.
Titans - Late enough that you should have good data on "One, None, or Both"
Shoju
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions