Week 13 Defense Help Needed. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Week 13 Defense Help Needed.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 13 Defense Help Needed.

Postby Shoju » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Hey all,

New to the forums (First Post Yay!), but a long time Fantasy Football Player. I'm playing in an ESPN "standard" league. I'm currently 8-3. I'm playing the 10-1 Division Leader. I've won the game. It's in the bag, 103-97. The wrinkle, is that I still have my Defense to play. This week, I'm sporting the Panthers D against either a recently cleared Vick, or the rookie Foles. (This is where I would insert talk of my boneheaded move about not believing in the Bears D and dropping them after Week 1, planning to play the match ups week to week... Oh how that irks me.)

Back on topic, Should I bench them and just ride out the 103-97 win? Or play them, and hope that they rack up some more points?

As it stands currently, for me to take over first place:
1.) I will have to win next week (doesn't look like a rough game, going up against a 3-8 squad)
2.) AND hope beyond hope that the cellar dweller (1-10) pulls off the major upset of the year by beating the 10-1 Div Leader.

If that happens, we'll both be 10-3 at the end of the regular season. We would be tied in the head to head at 1-1. But the next tiebreaker for seeding is points for. I currently sit behind him by 77 points. I cannot fall out of second in my division. I, and the 10-1 Div Leader have wrapped up our playoff births. Now, it just comes down to seeding.

Is it smart to play for the win, or gamble, and try to pull out the 1 seed? If the worst case scenario were to happen (Panthers get obliterated), there is a chance that I could fall to 4th seed. But the other Division is wildly in flux, with the Div leader at 7-4, followed by two 6-5's, and a 5-6.

Thanks for any insight. I've been going back and forth on the idea of just benching them, playing it safe, and being content with 9-3 at the end of this week, and trying to go for the gusto. I've been trying to shore up my team in other areas (Besides being dumb about the bears D I also had McGahee and Gronk :-o ) going into the playoffs.
Shoju
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 13 Defense Help Needed.

Postby c1turbo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:00 pm

You play to win the game. Just play them.
They are not going to give you negative points and you still need to have the perfect storm to get first place anyways every point is needed.
c1turbo
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 28)

Postby T-Lo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:40 pm

Play them.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 68)

Postby Shoju » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:38 am

I played them, they got me 7 points, and cut the point difference to 70. Now... how in the world do I score 71 more points than him, AND get him to lose to the worst team in the league? :-b
Shoju
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Who to Start/Bench