RB and R/W Flex - Week 13 - PPR - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

RB and R/W Flex - Week 13 - PPR - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

RB and R/W Flex - Week 13 - PPR - WHIR

Postby T-Lo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:54 pm

I get to start 2 RB and a flex spot WR or RB. For the sake of argument lets assume that both McFadden and MJD will still be out, because they likely will. The only other big factor is if Matt Forte is out too.

My RBs:

Marcel Reece - Oakland
Jalen Parmele - Jacksonville (Just dropped Jennings for him for week 12)
Michael Turner - Atlanta
Michael Bush - Chicago
Pierre Thomas - New Orleans
Darren McFadden - Oakland (OUT)
Maurice Jones-Drew - Jacksonville (OUT)

WR for flex spot (I will start Jordy Nelson and Marques Colston for sure so they aren't listed):
Denarius Moore - Oakland
Andrew Hawkins - Cincinatti (OUT) - Currently on waiver to drop him for Knowshon Moreno
Mario Manningham - San Fransico

So who should the two RBs be for sure and who should the flex spot go to? I am thinking Jalen Parmele even though he is an unknown, since the Bills aren't too good against the run. Turner is losing touches more and more to Rodgers, so for the other choice it is a toss-up between Reece or Bush. I would go Bush if Forte is out.

Flex position I would give to WR Manningham over Turner, Thomas, Moore or Reece based on the fact that Kaepernick looks to be throwing his way.

Any thoughts? Do you agree or disagree? I appreciate the input, I did horrible the last two years in this league (won the year before those) and I want to get to the playoffs. Leave a link to your thread if you want me to reply there as well. And if I got Knowshon Moreno, how would you rank him in there?
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 68)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB and R/W Flex - Week 13 - PPR - WHIR

Postby T-Lo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:17 pm

No love for my question but 20 views? If it makes it simpler, just pick 3 RB and don't even worry about Manningham. Opinions appreciated and I always WHIR.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 68)

Re: RB and R/W Flex - Week 13 - PPR - WHIR

Postby zjk924 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:05 pm

-Gotta start Reece until McFadden's back. At this point, you gotta check the team page the morning of their games, because Oakland isn't likely going to be forthcoming during the week about whether their start RB is back or not. But assuming he's still out, gotta start Reece, especially in PPR.

-I also like Denarius Moore, especially against a weak Cleveland team. The only problem, of course, is starting 2 players on the same team. A lot of people don't like doing that, they feel like it automatically cuts into your upside. I, however, have been using FJax/Spiller, Felix Jones/Dez, and T.Y. Hilton/Vick Ballard throughout the year, and it's worked pretty well for me. So I'd say he's good for your flex spot.

-Your RB2 is a little bit trickier. Michael Bush, if Matt Forte doesn't play. If you got Moreno, he'd be a great play. Too. But, assuming Forte does play AND you don't get Moreno off the waivers, Jelen Parmele is probably the way to go.

But yeah, you're wrong about Reece- he's a MUST start. And Manningham is a must not start. Yes Kaepernick is doing well, but you gotta play the variables you know. Reece IS the Oakland offense at this point.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=530734&p=3504947#p3504947
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 30)

Return to Who to Start/Bench