Let me thank all the so called fantasy "experts" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Let me thank all the so called fantasy "experts"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Let me thank all the so called fantasy "experts"

Postby Thor » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:37 pm

Everyone of them says Hillman will get the carries in Denver, so I waste one of my last 2 waiver picks for the year on Hillman. Now I'm stuck with a 0 point player on my roster in a league that is extremely rough for keeping depth at 16 teams. I've got one waiver move left, and I need to scrap up a TE because of Gronk going down so now I'm stuck with Hillman and only 3 other RBs the rest of the way (and 2 of them will be crap the rest of the year with their schedules(Ridley and Morris)

Oh yeah, now Hillman's goose egg is going to cost me first place at least for this week and maybe a possible first round playoff bye. Not to mention cut into my lead for overall points
14 Team 5 pts per 5 receptions
QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, TE, FLEX(WR/TE), K, DST
QB- Romo, Freeman, Manuel
RB- Sproles, J Bell, Bernard, W McGahee
WR - Megatron, D Bryant, V Brown, A Jeffery, R Randle, P Harvin(IR)
TE- J Graham, Sudfeld
K- Hartley
DST - Dallas
Thor
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 85)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Let me thank all the so called fantasy "experts"

Postby T-Lo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:07 pm

I have a belief in life that is a good one for everyone to operate by if they wish. Most people have no real idea what the hell they are doing at their job, they just fake it til they make it. Most don't make it. These guys give their take and their advice, just like users here do (including myself) but most aren't really intelligent enough about it to have it down to a science. (I am not knowledgeable enough about football to claim to be one)

Go with what you feel more often that the experts. That blows man, heartbreaking moments happen though. It is part of fantasy football. Take this week for example, Jalen Parmele got the starting RB position from Jennings. The experts were right, I dropped Jennings for Parmele. Parmele then gets injured in the first quarter and Jennings comes back, scoring a TD. I almost lost this week due to that. Luckily Parmele returned.

Even when the experts are right, there is no guarantee in football that it will pan out. There are too many variables.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 75)

Postby Thor » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:27 pm

T-Lo wrote:I have a belief in life that is a good one for everyone to operate by if they wish. Most people have no real idea what the hell they are doing at their job, they just fake it til they make it. Most don't make it. These guys give their take and their advice, just like users here do (including myself) but most aren't really intelligent enough about it to have it down to a science. (I am not knowledgeable enough about football to claim to be one)

Go with what you feel more often that the experts. That blows man, heartbreaking moments happen though. It is part of fantasy football. Take this week for example, Jalen Parmele got the starting RB position from Jennings. The experts were right, I dropped Jennings for Parmele. Parmele then gets injured in the first quarter and Jennings comes back, scoring a TD. I almost lost this week due to that. Luckily Parmele returned.

Even when the experts are right, there is no guarantee in football that it will pan out. There are too many variables.

My post was mostly tongue in cheek, but how could every one of them say Hillman would get the majority of the carries and Lance Ball getting some. NONE of them mentioned Moreno, where the hell did that come from???
14 Team 5 pts per 5 receptions
QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, TE, FLEX(WR/TE), K, DST
QB- Romo, Freeman, Manuel
RB- Sproles, J Bell, Bernard, W McGahee
WR - Megatron, D Bryant, V Brown, A Jeffery, R Randle, P Harvin(IR)
TE- J Graham, Sudfeld
K- Hartley
DST - Dallas
Thor
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 85)

Postby T-Lo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:34 pm

I figured you were half joking, especially when I saw how long you've been registered here. I started playing FF in 08/09, but never took it serious til recently.

I understand your frustration, Moreno kind of popped up. I'm trying to get him on waivers right now. Is your team going to be hurt a lot if you don't get him or can you survive to do well in the playoffs?
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 75)

Postby liono123 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:50 am

Knowshon is a more complete back than Hillman, even if he's not as good a pure runner. You had the same information as the experts and can't blame them for not predicting the future.
12 Team $ (PPR + Return Yardage):
    QB: Tom Brady, Andy Dalton
    RB: Charles, Lynch, Martin, Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Rashad jennings, Joe McKnight, Leon Washington
    WR/TE: Antonio Brown, Brandon Lloyd, Randall Cobb, Ted Ginn
    K: Bryant
    DST: Bills
liono123
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)

Postby TheBeaker » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:12 pm

yeah.... the hillman thing screwed me bigtime. Basically knocked me out of the playoffs in one league and out of first place in another. *sigh*
TheBeaker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 176)

Postby Indibuck » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:01 pm

I am no "expert", but I was never of the belief that Hillman would produce this year, and I don't forsee him being anything more than a change of pace guy throughout his career. Here's why:
1. His build and skill set (he's better with the ball in space as well as having the reputation of excellent receiving ability).
2. The fact that Fox will play veterans over rookies, sometimes to a fault.
3. Hillman was never highly thought of us a pass protector... something that is a MUST when Peyton is your QB.

I had no idea what the PT split would be once McGahee went down, but I was pretty sure Hillman wasn't going to be the workhorse. I am somewhat surprised about the touches that Moreno got, but when you stop and think about it, it makes some sense... Moreno is finally healthy, he has fresh legs, and he's a veteran.

I think Hillman may get enough touches to be a "what the heck" flex player in deep PPR leagues, but anyone who used a lot of resources to acquire Hillman to be a top-20 back the rest of the season wasn't paying attention.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby prophecy135 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:35 am

I dont think anyone saw Moreno being the feature guy with McGahee down, and Considering Moreno was a healthy scratch most weeks and buried on the depth chart, I can see shy Hillman is who everyone was choosing as the back to have. Hillman was seeing action with McGahee in the line up and his skill set had more promise then Ball.

You also have to take into consideration that he did it against the Chiefs...
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby bandoogie » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:09 am

I know this is not feasible for everyone, but every sunday morning, I watch a pregame fantasy show on cbs or nfl.com and/or I check rotoworld. The last few weeks, I have also been involved in the sunday morning chat on this website. Things can always change last minute. These guys are experts, but so are we. That's why I always say in the end, go with your gut. If I go with mines and lose, then I can live with it better than if I listened to some "expert" or followed the general consensus.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)

Postby Indibuck » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:13 am

bandoogie wrote:I know this is not feasible for everyone, but every sunday morning, I watch a pregame fantasy show on cbs or nfl.com and/or I check rotoworld. The last few weeks, I have also been involved in the sunday morning chat on this website. Things can always change last minute. These guys are experts, but so are we. That's why I always say in the end, go with your gut. If I go with mines and lose, then I can live with it better than if I listened to some "expert" or followed the general consensus.

Great post ;-D
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions