Week 13 Lineup Questions (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Week 13 Lineup Questions (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 13 Lineup Questions (WHIR)

Postby zjk924 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:15 am

Hey all,

After some masterful waiver wire moves, I'm stuck in the position of having way too many good players, and I'm constantly second-guessing myself. I barely won this past week, after benching a bunch of 15-20 point guys, and I don't want that to happen again, haha. So maybe you all can help.

Standard scoring 12team nonppr league, 2 flex spots.

As of right now, I have my lineup as:

WR: Julio Jones vs. New Orleans
WR: Dez Bryant vs. Philadelphia
RB: C.J. Spiller vs. Jacksonville
RB: Marcel Reece vs. Cleveland
W/R: Bryce Brown @ Dallas
W/R/T: Mikel Leshoure vs. Indianapolis

The bench players, all of whom I would consider putting in, are:

Randall Cobb vs. Minnesota
Justin Blackmon @ Buffalo
Fred Jackson vs. Jacksonville
Vick Ballard @ Detroit
T.Y. Hilton @ Detroit
Felix Jones vs. Philadelphia.

I think the two from my bench that I'm considering putting in the most are Blackmon or Hilton, and I'm thinking I would do one of them over Leshoure. I figure Cobb is going to be the #3 on Green Bay with Jennings back, Jackson is clearly the #2 starter after Spiller, and Vick Ballard is losing my confidence after not doing anything against weak Buffalo. I don't **THINK** I'd do Felix Jones, mainly because he's not getting a lot of yards per carry. He keeps getting TDs, and passing yards, and Eagles are weak, but I think the others are better options.

Of course, all 12 of these guys are great and any one of them could have a great game, so any thoughts on which matchups might be good would be appreciated.

And of course, WHIR.
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 30)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 13 Lineup Questions (WHIR)

Postby Senseimatt » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:03 am

I like Blackmon. Reminds me of how Percy Harvin blew up at the end of last year when Ponder came in. Leshoure might be a good play though. Megatron seems to be eating up yards, and Mikel is punching in TDs. That being said, Blackmon's matchup against the Bills looks tgtbt right now.

Read Mine viewtopic.php?t=530738
Senseimatt
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Matt214racer » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:17 pm

I like Ur Line-Up that U have But the Only One I Think U Should Really Consider putting in is R. Cobb bc GB HC Mcarthy Daid there Gonna do watever they can to get Cobb The ball as Much as Possible and there Gonna Have a Big Bounce Back Game Forsure!!! Oh Thanks For The Help On My Post!! I Just Posted a New Reply To My Original Post With Acouple Question, so I was wondering if U could Check It Out and Let Me Know Watcha Think!!! Link Is Below, Thanks!!!

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=530721&p=3504938#p3504938
Matt214racer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby archie814 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:48 pm

The only reason I'd be hesitant to put in Cobb is because it seems like Jennings might ACTUALLY play this week. With him and Nelson playing, there might not be enough to go around this week. Not saying he won't get points, but not the must start that he has been. I'd stick with your current lineup.
archie814
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby zjk924 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:58 pm

So Archie, you'd go with Leshoure vs. Indy over either HIlton vs. Detroit, or over Blackmon vs. Buffalo?
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby T-Lo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:25 pm

archie814 wrote:The only reason I'd be hesitant to put in Cobb is because it seems like Jennings might ACTUALLY play this week. With him and Nelson playing, there might not be enough to go around this week. Not saying he won't get points, but not the must start that he has been. I'd stick with your current lineup.

Yeah, once Jennings is back Cobb isn't as viable. I too like your starting lineup for the most part, I'd try to wiggle T.Y. Hilton in there. As long as the head injury from Sunday is nothing serious, I'd put him in for Mikel LeShoure. I don't think Stafford (my QB for 3 years now) will throw as much as he did against Houston, but I think Lions vs Colts will be a shootout. Could be wrong but that's my opinion.

Your bench is pretty good as you mention, those are some tough spots. Blackmon could very well explode more but I wouldn't ride that just yet. Have you cinched a playoff spot?
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 68)

Postby TheBeeze812 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:31 pm

Even with Jennings back, they've built a decent portion of plays into the offense for the explosive Cobb. I'm not sure they'll want, or be able to, leave his explosiveness bottled up for the one-dimensional Jennings. I'd be tempted to start Cobb over Leshoure, simply because the Lions are more likely to throw the ball 14,097 times per game, which doesn't do much for Leshoure. Blackmon seems like way too much of a gamble at this point, just hasn't demonstrated the consistency needed to warrant a start at this juncture of the season. Other than that man I like what you've got, Bryce Brown really blew up didn't he!?
TheBeeze812
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby zjk924 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:38 pm

So the consensus seems to be that Leshoure is the weakest link here... I'm inclined to agree. Now, to figure out who to put in

And yes, I clinched a playoff spot thanks to Bryce Brown... I was down 17 points going into MNF with only him left. Ha! What a baller.

Any more opinions would be welcome
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jbusch55 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:49 pm

I wouldn't discount leshoure, he does well against weak run defenses and teams from the afc south, just look at all of his best games, tennessee, jacksonville and Houston all those games he scored 15 points plus, I believe the trend continues, I'm predicted 16 carries 85 yards 2 td for leshoure
jbusch55
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 31)

Postby Sailor19 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:18 pm

I also am not sure if you should cut leshoure this week, mostly because hes been playing well as of late and the IND rush D is pretty awful
Sailor19
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench