Should i do Peyton and Welker for Matt ryan and V. Jackson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Should i do Peyton and Welker for Matt ryan and V. Jackson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should i do Peyton and Welker for Matt ryan and V. Jackson

Postby jc0525 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:20 am

Should I do Peyton and Welker for Matt ryan and Vjax?
I currently have clinched the playoffs in a no trade deadline league, looking for guys to help improve my chances week 15 and 16. Peyton has a tough week 15 playing the Ravens and so does Welker playing the 49ers. On the other side Ryan is playing the Giants week 15 and Vjax is playing the Saints, where he scored 30 points early this season. One thing i dont like about this trade is Ryan and Vjax have been relatively inconsistent scaring me of one of these bad weeks coming week 15. I also wonder if Welker will begin to achieve so much with Gronk out the match up against the 49ers wont matter. Overall, not completely sure what to do so some advice would help greatly.
jc0525
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Should i do Peyton and Welker for Matt ryan and V. Jacks

Postby bandoogie » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:54 am

Make sure you read this for future reference:

viewtopic.php?t=385747

I'm not sure exactly how long Gronk is supposed to be out. That would make a difference in Welkers value so look into that. Also, if Julian Edelman is going to miss substantial time, that's another plus for Welker. In a ppr format, I wouldn't do the trade depending on whether or not Gronk and Edelman will be back in time for the fantasy playoffs.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)

Postby jc0525 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:28 am

Non-PPR 14 Team League
MY LINE UP
QB: Peyton Manning
RB1: Doug Martin
RB2: FelixJones
WR1: Wes Welker
WR2: Danario Alexander
TE: Owen Daniels
W/R: Mike Williams
BN: Jonathan Dwyer
BN: Ronnie Hillman
BN: DeMarco Murray
BN: Ben Tate
BN: Dwayne Bowe
BN: Antonio Brown
DEF: Houston Texans
jc0525
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby i_b_sparks » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:59 am

I think I'd stay put. Manning will get his points no matter who he faces. I feel like he is way more consistent than Matt Ryan. Also if you're looking ahead at the matchups, I do not like Matt Ryan at all against the Giants. They have one of the best pass rushes in the league, just ask Aaron Rodgers. They will make it hard for Matt Ryan to get anything going.

I think Welker will be the beneficiary of the injuries in New England. Gronk is hurt, Hernandez still hasn't gotten to be 100%, edelman has an apparent concussion, and Lloyd gets targets but it's like he forgot how to catch the ball. Jackson is a stud, but Welker is a stud too. Welker just so happens to be a stud who is more important to his team at this moment.

Good luck!
i_b_sparks
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 6)

Postby jc0525 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:56 pm

Thanks for the incite really appreciate it!
jc0525
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby cblazin » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:34 am

As much of a Ryan as i am...i dont think i could trade away Peyton for him. Peyton is wayy too consistent and actually Baltimores pass defense is very weak and like someone already stated he will always get his points. I would say consistently around 250+ and 2tds.

I really dont think there is much of a up or down grade between Welker since it's standard league. Yardage will turn out to be the same with a light chance V-Jax gets a long touch down. Welker gets tons of oppurtunities so it even out, really.
cblazin
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions