Week 13. Playoffs for me! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Week 13. Playoffs for me! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 13. Playoffs for me! WHIR

Postby Senseimatt » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:42 am

So I made the playoffs in my 8-team league with a 7-5 record and the 3rd most points (1,184, two teams had 1,195). Trade deadline has past, so I can only better my team through the WW. Each h2h matchup lasts 2 weeks instead of 1. If I win my first matchup, I should win the league. The other 2 teams facing each other each have major injury problems. One of the teams has 4 starters out, and the other team is leaning on Megatron/AJ Green to put up huge numbers.

ESPN standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, FLEX, D/ST, K

My roster is on the left with his on the right

QB Robert Griffin III, Tony Romo------------------------------------------------------------------Ryan, Stafford
RB Arian Foster, Doug Martin, C.J. Spiller,Mikel Leshoure-------------------------------------Lynch, Ridley, McCoy, Turner
WR Victor Cruz, Percy Harvin, Larry Fitzgerald, Danario Alexander, Michael Crabtree-----Roddy White, Nelson, D. Thomas, Steve Smith, Mike Williams
TE Brandon Myers-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Vernon Davis, Pettigrew
D/ST Steelers D/ST------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Da Bears
K Blair Walsh---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Tynes, Suisham

I'm set on starting Foster and Martin as my 2 RBs and CJ in the flex. RGIII will be my QB. Those are locks in my mind. Currently I'm 5/8 on the ww. I'm willing to drop Romo, Crabtree, and even Fitzgerald (need the commish for that one). I'm currently trying to claim Pats D, Justin Blackmon, and D. Clark off waivers (dropping Robbie Gould, Romo and Packers D). Every point matters to me in this matchup and I think getting a good D and a TE could win me this. But my WRs are also an issue with Harvin hurt and possibly Alexander too. What do you guys think I should try and grab with my picks. Below is what I'm considering with there waiver priority next to them.

#1 D/ST options: Pats or stick with Steelers. Pats get turnovers and my opponent has Da Bears D. Pats look like they have a favorable schedule ahead.

#2 WR options: Blackmon, Hilton, Garcon, S. Moss, Bess, Broyles and Josh Gordon. I'm starting Cruz despite lack of production, my #2 would be Harvin or Alexander depending on health. These pickups would be for WR2. Opinions on who to get, or perhaps name someone who isn't on my radar.

#3TE options: Chandler, Rudolph, Cook, Tamme, Dallas Clark. I kind of like Clark/Tamme for upside(theyve been getting more targets), and Cook for consistency. The other 2 seem to only score on TDs. The other option is stick with Myers.

#4 or a new kicker?

I think if Alexander plays and the rest of my team stays healthy and perfroms like they have all year I win. But hey, nothings a lock. I had most points scored in fantasy baseball and lost in the playoffs to a team with the least amount of points. I had him by almost 1000pts. Lost the game by 256.4 to 256.2. He also happens to be my opponent in the fantasy football playoffs. I'm 0-2 against him this year, 0-2 last year, he had Vick pull out 49 pts to beat me one year...I gotta be due for a win right? :~(
Senseimatt
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 13. Playoffs for me! WHIR

Postby c1turbo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:06 am

You are in good position.

I only suggest getting a new TE or another, and Defense

I don't like Myers in standard scoring. In ppr he is good. He's just another low end jason witten.
He got hyped up because he gets 3-5 points a game and no zeroes. Then he scores 2 TD in a game and turns into a waiver wire steal.
Then lays an egg against CIN.

Last week, I was able to get him or Gresham. I choose Gresham and profit! 10 points.
It's all I want in a TE that I pick up on the waivers. 50 yards and TD.

So from your bunch, I like Kyle Rudolph. Don't like Tamme cause he has competition. However, I like Dallas Clark a lot, with him Going to denver to see Peyton. And then Playing Philly and their horrible secondary.

Lets hope Harvin is healthy for the rest of the year. He returns this week.
Minnesota has a tough schedule ahead, but the offense revolves around AP and Percy.

Defense, anyone who plays KC/Philly lol.
however, NE isn't bad to have the way they play and force offense to throw.
c1turbo
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 28)

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:07 am

I do like the pats dst, the pats always force opponents to pass to keep up. Out of the wrs, I like Garcon, Blackmon, Hilton in that order. Garcon looked really good in his first game back against a pretty good secondary, Blackmon seems to be coming along now with Henne at QB, Hilton will is always a threat, but I see him as a similar player to Garcon, and I prefer Garcon. For your TE I think Tamme would be a nice option, he has a good report with Manning, I also like Cook, and more importantly so does Locker. I think, like you said, Cook is more consistent, but I also feel like he has a higher potential ceiling. I'd leave your kicker be.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby Senseimatt » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:45 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I wanted Gresham, but I was too slow to the draw. I actually had Rudloph and dropped him, because it was either a TD or 0-1 points. Myers has been a consistent 4-5 which at TE this year seems to be a feat. I've watched the Bucs the last two weeks and I like what I have seen from Clark. He also goes up against a Bronco team that is dead last in points allowed to TEs. Myers plays them the following week.

I was looking over other options for defenses, and I think I'm sold on the Bengals. They play 3 teams in a row that are turnover happy and give up a lot of sacks (SD, Dallas, Philly). The Bengals have 36 sacks this year. Other options include the Browns who play Oak, KC, Wsh, Den and the Panthers wo play KC, ATL, SD, and OAK.

I put in for Garcon too. From what I've seen since his return he looks good, and as turbo pointed out in another post it may be snowy in Buffalo, smashing my dreams of picking up Blackmon and watching him steamroll that Bills secondary. Garcon also has RG3 throwing him the ball which would get me double points.

I've been checking all the "experts" and they seem to think Fitzgerald will put up points this week. He was targeted a lot last week (god awful throws though), and the Jets have given up a lot of pass yards the last 3 weeks. Should I consider starting Fitz?
Senseimatt
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 16)

Return to Who to Start/Bench