It's crunch time! Looking for a little Roster help (wk13) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

It's crunch time! Looking for a little Roster help (wk13)

Moderator: Football Moderators

It's crunch time! Looking for a little Roster help (wk13)

Postby Shoju » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:09 am

Well, here we are, last week of the regular season. There is still an outside (and it is pretty outside) that I can go from #2 in my Div to #1 overall Seed going into the playoffs. Even with it being the Hail Mary of all Hail Marys to do it, I'm playing this week as if all I have to do is win the game, and win big. So, help me out here.

QB: RGIII
RB1: Jamaal Charles
RB2: Stevan Ridley
WR1: Victor Cruz
WR2: Demaryius Thomas
TE: Brandon Pettigrew
FLEX: Cecil Shorts
D/ST: Jets
K: Matt Bryant

BE: Gronk (O)
BE: BJGE
BE: Carson Palmer
BE: T.Y. Hilton
BE: Vick Ballard
BE: Brandon Myers
BE: Panthers D/ST

The Panthers D is on their way out I picked them up as a Matchup play. I have Waiver Claims on Moreno, Bryce Brown, Garcon, and Beanie Wells. But since I'm 8th in waiver order, I'm not sure if any of them are going to happen. Other options would be Santana Moss, D H-B, and B. Stokely.

Waivers process tomorrow morning (early) so I will know who I have then.

So... Pending Waivers, my opponent is sporting:

QB Drew Brees
RB Daniel Thomas
WR Isaac Redman
WR Michael Crabtree
WR Mike Williams
TE Jimmy Graham
FLEX Brian Hartline
D/ST Broncos D/ST
K Robbie Gould

BE Larry Fitzgerald
BE Hakeem Nicks
BE Cardinals
BE LaRod Stephens-Howling
BE Andy Dalton
BE Andre Roberts
BE Vernon Davis

I'm not terribly worried about the game itself, more in the maximizing my points. Tips, would be greatly appreciated.
Shoju
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: It's crunch time! Looking for a little Roster help (wk13

Postby ziggy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:07 pm

looks good. if you manged to snag bryce brown off waivers i might entertain the thought of starting him over shorts. i think the panthers d would be a good start against the chiefs, but between them and the jets it might be a wash.
ziggy
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: It's crunch time! Looking for a little Roster help (wk13

Postby Shoju » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:39 pm

I sadly did not get Brown off Waivers. I ended up with Garcon and Moreno, dropping the Panthers D, and B. Myers.

At this point, I'm wavering between Ellis and Shorts. I'm pretty sure I'm going to win, but we'll see. I didn't figure I would get very far with my hopes on waivers. Being 8th in line, and a 3 team race in the one division, there was an awful lot of waiver claims.

My decision to go with the Jets D over the PAnthers D stemmed more from the colossal free fall that Arizona is in, their woefully bad QB situation, and their tepid at times running attack.

At this point, if I had to hazard a guess at what the waiver wire is going to turn my opponent into, it will be:

Brees
Beanie Wells
[insert back not on the roster here] or Redman (who is not starting)
Crabtree
Mike Williams / Hakeem Nicks / Steve Johnson
Graham
Hartline
Broncos D
Gould

So I'm pretty sure I'm going to win the final game of the season. I'd be surprised if I lose. since I've decided on

RGIII
Ridley
Charles
Cruz
Thomas
Pettigrew (man, can somone give Gronk some superhealing power PLEASE?)
FLEX is still up in the air.
Jets
Bryant.

Then it all comes down to the seating for the playoffs. At this point, I'm rooting harder than every for my wife and son's teams. If they can both win, then I will end up playing the weakest playoff team, and my wife makes it in.
Shoju
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings