RB or IDP? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

RB or IDP?

Moderator: Football Moderators

RB or IDP?

Postby heathweston » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:25 pm

14 Team H2H IDP Dynasty League

In this league we only have 1 FA pick up every 3 weeks. This is our last pick up of the season.

I've had RB problems all season (and asked a question earlier regarding them). Just when I thought I was on to something with Andre Brown, he gets IR'd and is basically useless to me (though I'll hang onto him for next year since I can add him to my IR). This leaves me with Marcel Reese, Ronnie Hillman, Isaiah Pead and when he returns, Maurice Jones-Drew as my RBs. Not exactly outstanding.

On the other hand, my IDP's have been under performing like mad lately, and while I know their points are a bit of a crapshoot, I am torn between adding an IDP or a RB. Whichever I add will be added in the empty roster spot made by IR-ing Brown.

A few of the available RBs:
LaRod Stephens-Howling, Shane Vereen, Knowshon Moreno, Peyton Hillis, Bryce Brown, Chris Ivory, Ronnie Brown, Mike Goodson, Bilal Powell as well as a few others.

A few of the top available IDP:
Malcolm Jenkins, Tim Jennings, Justin Houston, Cary Williams, Russell Allen, Brandon Spikes, Janoris Jackson, Michael Boley, Perry Riley, Ryan Clark, Charles Johnson, Anthony Spencer, Danieal Manning, Ryan Kerrigan

I'm leaning toward a RB, but I'm not 100% certain. I'm not so much making a knee jerk reaction to my under performing D, since I lost once in 4 games lately, but with the prospect of the playoffs coming up, I'm looking to make a push for first (which will be an uphill climb with Brown out, since with him there were weeks where I would put up the most points. This past week, I put up the weeks worst and a season worst). Injuries haven't helped either.

Here is my team:

QB Aaron Rodgers
WR Roddy White, Marques Colston, Vincent Jackson
RB Marcel Reese, Ronnie Hillman
TE Heath Miller
W/R Randall Cobb
Bench Sam Bradford, Santana Moss, Mike Thomas, Maurice Jones-Drew, Isaiah Pead, Rob Gronkowski
IR Andre Brown, Roy Helu

K Blair Walsh
Bench Dan Carpenter

D Derrick Johnson
D John Abraham
D Tamba Hali
D Tramon Williams
DB Kyle Arrington
DB Antonio Cromartie
Bench Brandon Flowers
Bench Osi Umenyiora

Thanks in advance.
heathweston
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: RB or IDP?

Postby bandoogie » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:15 am

One pickup every 3 weeks? Man, that's brutal. What happens if you suffer injuries, you just have to sit there until the next turn comes up? You gotta go RB. IDP is too hit and miss unless you get an absolute monster and then it depends on you scoring settings. I'd aim for Moreno or Bryce. Bryce would easily be my #1 if I knew for a fact McCoy was done, but it's a very real possibility as reports say he isn't close and it's already week 13. If you want to take that gamble, then go Bryce. If you want to play it safe, go Moreno. Personally, I'd shoot for the upside and go Bryce.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby heathweston » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:27 am

Yeah if you get injured, you have to wait it out. The rosters are deep enough where you can store back-ups to get you through, though we've been talking about a few IR related pickups for next year.

As for Bryce, is he considered a good option for now and the future? Moreno was scooped up shortly after posting this so Bryce would be the only option left.
heathweston
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby bandoogie » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:46 am

Yeah, I think your format needs tweaking. Get Bryce if you still can. It's entirely plausible that McCoy doesn't play again this year.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby heathweston » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Bryce was scooped up before I could pick him up.

Any other RBs out there that might be worth taking a chance on? I don't have the list with me ATM, but any names people might have would be welcomed.

Otherwise I might just have to waste the pick up on a IDP to hope I can get more points.
heathweston
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby bandoogie » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:42 pm

Maybe DeAngelo Williams is available. What about Jonathan Dwyer or Rashad Jennings? Shane Vereen, Michael Bush or Beanie Wells? You're in a deep league, so maybe Brandon Jacobs could be an option.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby heathweston » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:49 pm

The available RBs:

Kevin Smith, Peyton Hillis, Shane Vereen, Evan Royster, LaGarrette Blount, James Starks, Ronnie Brown, Montario Hardesty, Mike Goodson, LaMichael James, Brandon Jacobs, Bilal Powell, Delone Carter, Taiwan Jones, Joe McKnight, Bernard Pierce, Chris Ivory, LaRod Stephens-Howling, Jackie Battle, Shaun Draughn, Justin Forsett, James Casey, Cedric Peerman, Charles Clay...
heathweston
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby T-Lo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:34 pm

He has a bad match-up this week but Tim Jennings is good. He could be a solid IDP option to add to a long-term team.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 75)

Postby bandoogie » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:35 pm

heathweston wrote:The available RBs:

Kevin Smith, Peyton Hillis, Shane Vereen, Evan Royster, LaGarrette Blount, James Starks, Ronnie Brown, Montario Hardesty, Mike Goodson, LaMichael James, Brandon Jacobs, Bilal Powell, Delone Carter, Taiwan Jones, Joe McKnight, Bernard Pierce, Chris Ivory, LaRod Stephens-Howling, Jackie Battle, Shaun Draughn, Justin Forsett, James Casey, Cedric Peerman, Charles Clay...

I am going to assume that you're looking for a player who can help you the in the playoffs, not just this week. From the list there, I would have to say your best option is Shane Vereen with Brandon Jacobs a distant second. It seems to me that when it comes to IDP's the most consistent measure of fantasy production is tackles followed by sacks. Interceptions/fumbles and defensive TD's are too volatile to predict. Compare Vereen against the top IDP players you have available to find what you think is your best option

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/sto ... sive-backs
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions