Trade Peyton/Charles for Kaepernick and Foster? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade Peyton/Charles for Kaepernick and Foster?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Peyton/Charles for Kaepernick and Foster?

Postby abieleck » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:10 pm

I have a trade on the table in a PPR league w/ flex position.....I give Peyton Manning and either Charles or Morris and get Foster and Kaepernick...and Palmer if I want him

Here is my lineup:

Manning
Rice, Charles, Morris, Reece, F. Jackson
White, Thomas, Harvin, Amendola
Gresham, Hernandez

Thoughts on whether Kaepernick is a good enough starter with a sick core of with Rice, Foster and either Morris or Charles? Should I hold onto Peyton? Thoughts on whether Peyton or Foster will get sat/rested week 16? Charles/Morris production weeks 14-16?

Having both Rice and Foster would be insane, but would I be better holding onto Manning and Charles/Morris.

Tough call that is driving me crazy....any insight/opinions are appreciated.

Thanks!
abieleck
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Peyton/Charles for Kaepernick and Foster?

Postby bandoogie » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:59 am

There's no guarantee Kaep will continue to start down the stretch, so this is risky. Also, do you have a flex spot? That makes a ton of difference because if you don't, then you can only play two rbs at a time instead of three. This is really tough. Hard to say who will rest at this point because the top records are so close. I think Foster is in more danger of resting than Peyton at this point. If you do this deal, then there's the Ben Tate handcuff issue to deal with as well. If he's on the wire or on someone else's team is something you need to consider as well. First thing, I would wait until tomorrow to see who Harbaugh says will start because if he says Alex Smith, then Kaep just became useless and it would make sense to try to keep Manning and make a different offer for Foster.

EDIT: I think Kaep can be your fantasy playoff QB if he continues to start. I'm rolling with him into the playoffs in a couple of leagues. Just be sure to snag a backup in case he loses the job at some point.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions