Advice on whether I should purposely lose this week? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Advice on whether I should purposely lose this week?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Advice on whether I should purposely lose this week?

Postby TheShivaOwner » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:12 pm

With only one game until the playoffs, I’m in a dilemma. Should I purposely lose this next game to face an easier first round opponent? Is that breaking an un-written rule? Winning the first round is extremely important, as it ensures my buy in back, as well as gets me to the championship. Please offer advice based on past experience, or what you would do.
*I’m in an ESPN standard league, and the first round is week 14-15

Here are my two options:

1. I'm currently #1 in the league. If I win this week, I'll remain #1 and play the #4 seed. The #4 seed has been red hot as of late.

Here is the #4 seed’s starting roster.
QB: Aaron Rodgers. RB: Arian Foster, Stevan Ridley, Beanie Wells. WR: Steve Johnson, Sidney Rice. TE: Brandon Myers. D: Steelers. K: Matt Bryant

2. I’m currently #1 in the league. If I lose this week, I’ll move to #2 in the league and face the #3 seed. The #3 seed has been shaky as of late.

Here is the #3 seed’s starting roster.
QB: Peyton Manning. RB: Alfred Morris, Darren McFadden, BenJarvus Green-Ellis. WR: Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker. TE: Vernon Davis. D: 49ers. K: Stephen Gostkowski
TheShivaOwner
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Advice on whether I should purposely lose this week?

Postby TheShivaOwner » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:16 pm

Bump*
TheShivaOwner
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 9)

Re: Re: Advice on whether I should purposely lose this week?

Postby Bignuts808 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:49 pm

TheShivaOwner wrote:With only one game until the playoffs, I’m in a dilemma. Should I purposely lose this next game to face an easier first round opponent? Is that breaking an un-written rule? Winning the first round is extremely important, as it ensures my buy in back, as well as gets me to the championship. Please offer advice based on past experience, or what you would do.

Don't do it. Just play the game. I have done that before and it has backfired. Karma exist in fantasy football as well. Haha
Bignuts808
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 2)

Re: Advice on whether I should purposely lose this week?

Postby dominicl325 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:13 am

The only problem is both teams have the ability to break out or be cold at any time. I'd just play it, because you also don't wanna develop a poor reputation, as it technically could be considered collusion.
dominicl325
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings