Solidifying RB Depth for the Playoffs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Solidifying RB Depth for the Playoffs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Solidifying RB Depth for the Playoffs

Postby jaegybomb » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:38 pm

Both Beanie Wells and Moreno are on waivers and I was thinking about trying to grab one on the off chance that they might turn into a better flex option at some point than what I currently have. Would you drop anyone on my team for either of them?

10 man league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1 DST, 1 K
QB - Romo, Luck, Roeth
RB - Lynch, Spiller, Leshoure, Reece, MJD
WR - White, A Johnson, Fitz, Wallace, D Moore
TE - Gresham
DST - Seattle
K - Gostkowski
jaegybomb Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Solidifying RB Depth for the Playoffs

Postby bandoogie » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:35 pm

You don't need 3 qb's. Has your trade deadline passed? If McFadden comes back this week, I'd drop Reece for Moreno.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jaegybomb » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:05 am

Yep, the trade deadline has passed. I'm not planning on using Reece this week so I put in the following claims (in order of priority):
Wells for Roethlisberger
Moreno for Roethlisberger
Moreno for Reece

Does that look good?
jaegybomb Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby i_b_sparks » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:13 am

I see that you are new to Fantasy Football. I agree with the poster above. You don't need 3 QB's. QB's are a valuable position, but you can only play 1 a week. Keep yourself a backup, but 3 is too many because you will ususally have QB's on your bench putting up points that you can't use. Ideally, you would've traded one of those QB's before the deadline for a skill position player. Probably another TE in case Gresham goes down or has a bad matchup.

Since the deadline has passed, You are stuck with 3 QB's unless you drop one. Before you drop one, look at the other players in your leagues roster and see if any of them need a QB. Ask yourself if they would pick up the QB that you would be dropping and how much it would help their team. You might run into them in the playoffs and don't want to load them up with a QB that might come back to hurt you. Tough call to make on dropping either Reese or Big Ben. Which one of those players is going to potentially do the least amount of damage to you if they end up on your opponents roster? Probably Reese with McFadden coming back as early as this week. Hope this helps. Good luck!
i_b_sparks
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jaegybomb » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:04 am

Yea, having 3 QBs on the roster was kind of a fluke. I thought Big Ben had the most upside when healthy but wasn't really comfortable with just Romo until he got back since he was kind of under-performing at the time. I really like the advice about planning my drops according to what my playoff opponents need. The first guy I play in the playoffs has Kaepernick, Henne and Vick as QBs so I don't think I will be giving him a chance to snatch up Big Ben if he ends up looking completely healthy for the SD game. Thanks for the help.
jaegybomb Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions