WR Help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

WR Help

Moderator: Football Moderators

WR Help

Postby kasimar1 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:29 pm

I have both Miles Austin and Percy Harvin. It's not clear right now if either are going to be back this week. Knowing this I'm inclined to pick up a WR off the waiver wire. My choices are somewhat limited because I'm in a 12 team league (non-PPR) and to make matters worse I'm ranked next to last in waiver wire priority. As I see it these are my top choices. In what order would you rank them.

Branden LaFell
Ryan Broyles
Chris Givens
Mohamed Sanu
kasimar1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WR Help

Postby broseph jacobs » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:53 pm

Who better to do this than the guy who writes the weekly Waiver Wire Pick Six article? (groan... even I made myself sick on that one)

IMHO (and yes, contrary to my previous, sarcastic statement, my opinion IS humble)

1. LaFell
2. Broyles
3. Sanu
4. Givens

I would pick LaFell. Newton looked a lot better last night. The two rushing TD's he had last night may cause a bit of nervousness, as well as how much he spread the ball around. However, it still added-up to 14 fantasy points for LaFell. LAFell has been outscoring the other three in this list consistently, Newton is looking better now, and the Panthers have a preferable remaining schedule for the pass (KC, ATL, SD, OAK, NO).

Just behind LaFell is Broyles. Broyles is now (according to reports) #2 on the depth chart behind Megatron. Everyone in that #2 WR spot on the Lions gets production: Burleson, Young, and now Broyles. Stafford is looking a bit better now than at the beginning of the season, and Broyles had 12+ points in standard formats both of the last two weeks. That's decent, but it's not quite as good as LaFell. Two other things: 1. the Lions have a slightly less preferable schedule for the pass in the remainder of the season (IND, GB, ARI, ATL, CHI), and 2. These are only REPORTS that he's the #2. We all know how the REPORTS went for current Ronnie Hillman owners last week! If he is the #2, I like him second best out of this list.

Sure, Sanu is the clear #2 WR target in Cincinnati now; but what does that really mean? I don't think anyone was running out to get Andrew Hawkins when he was the #2 target earlier in the season, nor Brandon Tate when he looked like the #2. Now it's Sanu. Big deal. In Arizona Andre Roberts gets production because teams are game-planning for Fitzgerald. You can't really game-plan for A.J. Green. The only team that had moderate success keeping him in check this year were the Steelers a while ago, and even then he STILL caught a TD pass (his only pass catch of the game, but still). I don't think Sanu is much to look at in fantasy.

Givens isn't even on the radar, really. When Amendola returns to form, he will once again be the target hog in STL. Not only that, but I don't trust a deep threat WR who has one good game. His last double-digit fantasy production came back in week 8 (Amendola injured again), and before that it was week 5. That's it. I don't trust his consistency in the least, and STL has a so-so remaining schedule against pass defenses (SF, BUF, MIN, TB, SEA). Avoid him.

Hope this helps.
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)

Postby kasimar1 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:14 pm

Thank you very much for your post. It was very helpful. I'm going to target the top three players. I'm kind of holding out hope that Havin comes back and has a good game but I'm feeling like this might not happen.
kasimar1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 26)

Postby mzkp54 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:40 pm

I think Lafell is the best option out of the 4, followed by Broyles. He's been showing up lately and Cam is looking his way, and like broseph pointed out, a good schedule doesn't hurt.

Mind taking a look at mine?
viewtopic.php?t=530781
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions