Trade for Britt? Dynasty PPR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade for Britt? Dynasty PPR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade for Britt? Dynasty PPR

Postby mzkp54 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:25 pm

Was offered Britt and a 2013 2nd for Turbin and Sanu in my dynasty league.

I'm 3-9 and look to be picking first next year. I don't think my team is THAT bad though.

My team:

QB- Brees, Wilson, Smith
RB- Lynch, Bradshaw, R Bush, Blount, Turbin, Ringer, Goodson, McKnight
WR- Wallace,, Cobb, MWilliams, MFloyd, MFloyd, Sanu, Barden, Breaston, Smith (STL),
TE- Gates, Celek, K Davis
Last edited by mzkp54 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 241)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade for Britt? Dynasty PPR

Postby bandoogie » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:29 pm

I'd do it. Turbin is a handcuff and Sanu is ok, but Britt will be completely healthy and better next year, and you get a 2nd round pick to boot.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)

Postby kasimar1 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:44 pm

I agree. It sounds like a good deal especially since you get his 2nd round pick for next year.
kasimar1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 26)

Postby tindo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:49 pm

Agreed. I think the icing on the cake is the pick. nice spot to pick up even stronger depth. make this trade
tindo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 18)

Postby tomas21 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:54 pm

You don't show Turbin on your roster--guessing you just forgot. Does your entire roster carry over to next year in your dynasty league? If so, it's basically a rookie draft, and a second rounder isn't worth THAT much. Turbin would be nice to hang onto, especially with Lynch's running style. Any chance you can give him something else? I wouldn't care about losing Sanu.

please help me
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=530790
tomas21
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)

Postby broseph jacobs » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:06 pm

tomas21 wrote:You don't show Turbin on your roster--guessing you just forgot. Does your entire roster carry over to next year in your dynasty league? If so, it's basically a rookie draft, and a second rounder isn't worth THAT much. Turbin would be nice to hang onto, especially with Lynch's running style. Any chance you can give him something else? I wouldn't care about losing Sanu.

please help me

These are really good points. I must agree. Try to off someone else; Lynch runs angry (which we love, of course, but it's dangerous).
BTW, completely off-topic, how come "Beast Mode" replaced the "Skittles" nickname? I want to see more Skittles flying from the crowd in Seattle. I thought that was fun. Anywho...
It's ALMOST a great deal... just missed it by THAt much. I wouldn't do it. It's tempting though, because you never know who you might snag with that second round pick. But just imagine how awful you'd feel if SKITTLES went down and you let Turbin go. Ouch!
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)

Postby mzkp54 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:13 pm

What do you think would be a reasonable counter? I do carry over my entire roster
Last edited by mzkp54 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 241)

Postby bandoogie » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:18 pm

broseph jacobs wrote:
tomas21 wrote:You don't show Turbin on your roster--guessing you just forgot. Does your entire roster carry over to next year in your dynasty league? If so, it's basically a rookie draft, and a second rounder isn't worth THAT much. Turbin would be nice to hang onto, especially with Lynch's running style. Any chance you can give him something else? I wouldn't care about losing Sanu.

please help me

These are really good points. I must agree. Try to off someone else; Lynch runs angry (which we love, of course, but it's dangerous).
BTW, completely off-topic, how come "Beast Mode" replaced the "Skittles" nickname? I want to see more Skittles flying from the crowd in Seattle. I thought that was fun. Anywho...
It's ALMOST a great deal... just missed it by THAt much. I wouldn't do it. It's tempting though, because you never know who you might snag with that second round pick. But just imagine how awful you'd feel if SKITTLES went down and you let Turbin go. Ouch!

His record is 3-9, so a Lynch injury is not relevant to his holding Turbin this year. Unless you are talking about a possible Lynch injury next year which is impossible to predict.

EDIT: I agree trying a counter first is a good move. However, I personally don't think losing Turbin would be all that bad though.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby broseph jacobs » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:29 pm

I actually WAS hinting at the possibility of a Lynch injury next year. Trust me: I am certainly not predicting anything. He is on-pace to pass his all-time high carries this year (his all-time high was 285; he's on-pace for 336). With this year's 336 (or thereabouts), he'll be up to 1,242 carries at the age of 28. That's not bad by any means, but by the end of next year he'll be at or past the 1,500 mark, which I consider to be the time to start becoming concerned with too much tread on the tires. But I was mainly saying that the way he runs makes him a little more of a high risk for an injury. Not trying to be Nostradamus here. Sorry.

I absolutely HATE giving people fantasy advise on dynasty leagues. There's just so much long-lasting, resonant cause-and-effect at play. I'd hate to give someone bad advise that echos into future seasons! (The waiver wire suites me just fine in that regard, thank you!)

Okay, that being said, this might sound crazy (please - anyone else who sees this let me know if this is crazy, cuz it might be), but what about Reggie Bush? I mean, how much value is he going to have in the NFL once his contract is up in Miami. The 'phins aren't going to resign him, right? What team wants to take a flyer on Reggie Bush? He'll probably be picked up, but will he be a feature back? I don't know. Does that sound insane?
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)

Postby bandoogie » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:42 pm

broseph jacobs wrote:I actually WAS hinting at the possibility of a Lynch injury next year. Trust me: I am certainly not predicting anything. He is on-pace to pass his all-time high carries this year (his all-time high was 285; he's on-pace for 336). With this year's 336 (or thereabouts), he'll be up to 1,242 carries at the age of 28. That's not bad by any means, but by the end of next year he'll be at or past the 1,500 mark, which I consider to be the time to start becoming concerned with too much tread on the tires. But I was mainly saying that the way he runs makes him a little more of a high risk for an injury. Not trying to be Nostradamus here. Sorry.

I absolutely HATE giving people fantasy advise on dynasty leagues. There's just so much long-lasting, resonant cause-and-effect at play. I'd hate to give someone bad advise that echos into future seasons! (The waiver wire suites me just fine in that regard, thank you!)

Okay, that being said, this might sound crazy (please - anyone else who sees this let me know if this is crazy, cuz it might be), but what about Reggie Bush? I mean, how much value is he going to have in the NFL once his contract is up in Miami. The 'phins aren't going to resign him, right? What team wants to take a flyer on Reggie Bush? He'll probably be picked up, but will he be a feature back? I don't know. Does that sound insane?

Admittedly, I've never been in a dynasty league before(hope to change that next year), but I do understand where you are coming from. Injuries are hard to predict. If nothing happens to Lynch, then Turbin remains a handcuff. However, I do agree with you about attempting to replace Turbin with someone else. I'd agree with the Reggie Bush option. His future is uncertain and he can't stay healthy.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions